ALL Downloads .EXE,. ZIP,.Setup Come up as PDF.FDF---Help????

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fred Evans, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Fred  Evans

    Fred Evans Guest

    I do a lot of Downloading of Software, E-Books, and the Likes, and
    eventhough I am downloading them as .EXE, .ZIP, and even .Setup, when I am
    finished with the Download, and go to the Folder where My Default downloads
    go to, they ALL come up as .PDF or.FDF Files, and I don't know how to
    correct this, and as anybody knows that you can not run an EXE File that is
    in PDF, or FDF Format----so...............................SOMEONE PLEASE
    HELP ME

    Thanks in Advance,

    Fred(Aka tenring)

    or

    --
    Keep your thoughts positive
    because your thoughts become your words.

    Keep your words positive
    because your words become your behaviors.

    Keep your behaviors positive
    because your behaviors become your habits.

    Keep your habits positive
    because your habits become your values.

    Keep your values positive
    because your values become your destiny
    Gandhi
    Fred Evans, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Fred  Evans

    Me2U Guest

    Use your file manager (explorer?) and change the ending to what it is supposed
    to be.

    Why would text type software be coming as exe and setup instead of PDF, HTML
    and TXT?

    I can understand the ZIP use.

    When downloading make sure the file name shows properly at that time or change
    it then.

    Me2U, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Fred  Evans

    °Mike° Guest

    Try emptying your temporary internet files (including all
    offline content).

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:39:54 GMT, in
    <KqFQa.1831$>
    Fred Evans scrawled: