"All Day" Mobile Computing From Dell?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by MissSamanthaBewleyREMOVE@gmail.com, Jan 12, 2009.

  1. Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    Hello

    Re:Dell Laptops 15.4 inch Monitor Dell Lattitude E6500 and Dell 6400
    Battery Performance
    90 Watt AC adapter with cord wrapping
    4-cell, 6-cell or 9-cell extended life primary batteries
    84Whr high capacity battery slice (optional)

    Here's what I read from a pdf file I downloaded off www.dell.co.uk
    website

    "All-Day Mobile Computing From Dell

    Latitude Mainstream laptops introduce a dramatic step forward in
    battery life. Achieve up to 19 hours of Battery Life on the E6400 with
    the combination of our standard 9-cell battery,new high-capacity
    battery slice,and exclusive Dell ControlPoint (TradeMark)
    software.Stay connected with anytime,anywhere wireless connectivity
    with support for current and emerging wireless technologies (Wi-
    Fi,High Performance Wireless-N,mobile broadband Wimax Bluetooth."

    The Dell Sales agent said in real life these laptops manage only 9
    hours,these are obviously geared towards the business sector who need
    to be on the road all day still its nice to have :)whats the best
    battery life you can get on a 15.4 inch monitor for the retail home
    user

    Are Dell the only Computer Manufacturers that do these 9 hours
    extended life
    high capacity battery slice (optional)

    Apparently this technology has been around for the last 4 to 5 years
    its in the www.dell.co.uk (small business section) but it still seems
    very expensive have Dell got the Monopoly on this?
    Because I asked PcWorld.co.uk they said the max any laptop they sell
    in regards to Battery Life was 3 hours and that was been optomistic.

    I obviously appreciate it depends what you are doing on it i.e watch
    YouTube.com versus basic emailing.

    Are there any alternatives besides Dell that manage 9 hours battery
    life at a value for money price?.

    Thanks

    Samantha

    , Jan 12, 2009

  2. Gordon Guest

    On 2009-01-12, <> wrote:
    > x-no-archive:yes
    >

    > Hello
    >
    > Re:Dell Laptops 15.4 inch Monitor Dell Lattitude E6500 and Dell 6400
    > Battery Performance
    > 90 Watt AC adapter with cord wrapping
    > 4-cell, 6-cell or 9-cell extended life primary batteries
    > 84Whr high capacity battery slice (optional)
    >
    > Here's what I read from a pdf file I downloaded off www.dell.co.uk
    > website

    Good. Now it is a good idea to provide a URL of that PDF. Shows us folks
    your comments are based on an URL and not something else. Yes, the URL info
    could be spin.

    Gordon, Jan 13, 2009