    Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email:

    live in bristol

    want friends in the usa

    Jane Grant, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Jane Grant

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:17:45 +0100, "Jane Grant"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email:
    >
    >live in bristol
    >
    >want friends in the usa

    How can we help you. This is a help group. The personals is the next
    aisle over.
    joevan

    joevan, Jun 3, 2004

  3. Jane Grant

    DC Guest

    Jane Grant wrote:
    > Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email:

    > live in bristol

    > want friends in the usa

    How about getting some Canadian friends instead?

    Bonus: we're unarmed. }:O)

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Free your mind, and your OS will follow...

    DC, Jun 3, 2004
  4. Jane Grant

    gangle Guest

    "joevan" wrote

    wrote:

    > >Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email:
    > >
    > >live in bristol
    > >
    > >want friends in the usa
    > >

    > How can we help you. This is a help group. The personals is the next
    > aisle over.

    You appear to misunderstand this NG's purpose, as it has long
    been established that it has no specific, finite purpose. I personally
    thought the OP's post rather naive and paints him as a newbie -- and
    it will likely subject him to spam -- but that does not mean it was
    misplaced as a post to this NG. For the sake of argument, even if
    one were to accept the (incorrect) notion that this is a "help" NG,
    the OP's attempt to acquire US friends could easily be interpreted
    as a way of requesting help.

    gangle, Jun 3, 2004
  5. Jane Grant

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:23:43 -0700, "gangle" <>
    wrote:

    >"joevan" wrote
    >> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:17:45 +0100, "Jane Grant"

    >wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email:
    >> >
    >> >live in bristol
    >> >
    >> >want friends in the usa
    >> >

    >> How can we help you. This is a help group. The personals is the next
    >> aisle over.

    >You appear to misunderstand this NG's purpose, as it has long
    >been established that it has no specific, finite purpose. I personally
    >thought the OP's post rather naive and paints him as a newbie -- and
    >it will likely subject him to spam -- but that does not mean it was
    >misplaced as a post to this NG. For the sake of argument, even if
    >one were to accept the (incorrect) notion that this is a "help" NG,
    >the OP's attempt to acquire US friends could easily be interpreted
    >as a way of requesting help.

    If you read my post again (just above your response) I asked how could
    we help. I never suggested they not ask here.
    joevan

    joevan, Jun 3, 2004
  6. Jane Grant

    Stickems Guest

    I concur.

    Stickems, Jun 3, 2004
  7. Jane Grant

    gangle Guest

    "joevan" wrote
    > On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:23:43 -0700, "gangle" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"joevan" wrote

    > >> How can we help you. This is a help group. The personals is the next
    > >> aisle over.

    > >You appear to misunderstand this NG's purpose, as it has long
    > >been established that it has no specific, finite purpose. I personally
    > >thought the OP's post rather naive and paints him as a newbie -- and
    > >it will likely subject him to spam -- but that does not mean it was
    > >misplaced as a post to this NG. For the sake of argument, even if
    > >one were to accept the (incorrect) notion that this is a "help" NG,
    > >the OP's attempt to acquire US friends could easily be interpreted
    > >as a way of requesting help.
    > >

    > If you read my post again (just above your response) I asked how could
    > we help. I never suggested they not ask here.

    Ah, but you did, whether you consciously did so or not. YOU read
    your post again -- I was not criticizing you willy-nilly or twisting
    your words. You said: "This is a help group." That sentence is short,
    definitive, and unambiguous -- which prompted my response. Also,
    your statement: "The personals is the next aisle over," easily can be
    construed to suggest that the OP's post belonged in some other NG.

    gangle, Jun 3, 2004
  8. Jane Grant

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: Jane Grant said...
    > Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email:

    <snip>
    > live in bristol
    >
    > want friends in the usa

    Bristol's not /that/ bad!
    If it's any consolation you'll shortly get emails from all over the world

    slylittlei, Jun 3, 2004
  9. Jane Grant

    ImhoTech Guest

    "DC" <> wrote in message
    > Jane Grant wrote:
    > > Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email:

    > > live in bristol

    > > want friends in the usa

    > How about getting some Canadian friends instead?
    >
    > Bonus: we're unarmed. }:O)
    >
    > --

    Ah - easy kills then..cool..

    ImhoTech, Jun 3, 2004
  10. Jane Grant

    doS Guest

    Dwayne Smith/Jane Grant?

    doS, Jun 3, 2004
  11. Jane Grant

    Rifleman Guest

    "doS" <> wrote in message
    > Dwayne Smith/Jane Grant?

    Or maybe it's Dwayne Jane and Grant Smith?

    Rifleman, Jun 3, 2004
  12. Jane Grant

    Art Guest

    Art, Jun 3, 2004
  13. Jane Grant

    DC Guest

    Art wrote:

    > "DC" <> wrote in message
    >> Jane Grant wrote:
    >> > Hi my names Dwayne Smith. My email:

    >> > live in bristol

    >> > want friends in the usa

    >> How about getting some Canadian friends instead?

    >> Bonus: we're unarmed. }:O)

    >>And we're better hockeyplayers

    Naturally. USans have to resurrect 25 year old hockey victories and make
    them into movies to make themselves feel better. };O)

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0349825/

    DC, Jun 3, 2004
  14. Jane Grant

    Art Guest

    > >> How about getting some Canadian friends instead?

    > >> Bonus: we're unarmed. }:O)

    > >>And we're better hockeyplayers

    > Naturally. USans have to resurrect 25 year old hockey victories and make
    > them into movies to make themselves feel better. };O)

    And after 25 years, they still call it a miracle (well, they 've had so
    few.......)

    Art, Jun 3, 2004
  15. Jane Grant

    doS Guest