    "Alienware is introducing its new MP3 player, codenamed CE-IV (Close Encounters-Fourth Kind), in October. The CE-IV will offer the sleek alien-inspired designs (and boastful marketing-hype) that Alienware is known worldwide for. Alienware is also touting the device’s DRM technology as one of the “benefits.” The MP3 player will be available in either 512 MB or 1 GB of integrated memory and there is a memory slot for expansion—although they do not say what kind of card it will take . The company is also releasing a docking station with speakers ingeniously named HUB."
    Read more here: http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable/close-encounter-of-the-mp3-kind-124109.php
    [​IMG]

    Silverstrand, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    :D:D:D Sweet! I want one now! Good looking mp3 player aye. And the docking speakers are sounding like a good idea too, even if it has been done before.

    XhArD, Sep 8, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Who apple?
    when are they going to come with tb storage :(

    unholy, Sep 8, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I have a feeling that itll be a while :p and when it does finally come out, itll cost squillions, lol

    XhArD, Sep 8, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    Ludnix

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    Messages:
    125
    Location:
    Eureka California
    A squillion jillion! What would you do with a TB mp3 player? I would sell it! I like that alienware mp3 player. If I was in the market for one I would be tempted to get that.

    Ludnix, Sep 9, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    1tb come on man, bill gates has one in his watch, i ant complaining, but cost him 1 million :p

    unholy, Sep 9, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    You serious, or just taking the piss? Coz thatd be so sweet...

    XhArD, Sep 9, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Not possible to store 1TB in a watch as far as I know. Unless the watch is the size of his HEAD!

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 9, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    well, itd have to be a damn big watch, especially if it was the size of B.G's head, and not a normal person :p

    XhArD, Sep 9, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    U do know B.G is mentally disabled right?... the watch is the size of 50 HDD's, and u have to drag around 50 tons of batteries (labeled batteries but i think u are just moving around 50 tons of HDD's)

    unholy, Sep 9, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    yeah, ive heard that joke too :p he bought it off some dude, and was about to walk away when the guy stopped him and handed him the 6 suitcases full of batteries :p

    XhArD, Sep 9, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe :D, i think u were the one who told me! :D

    unholy, Sep 10, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    mmh, I think it's one of the better looking plyaer than ipd out there. Kinda wonder how good it is. Maybe we finally have somehting to compete with ipod.

    PUTALE, Sep 11, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    AHahha I heard that one too! And old family friend of ours got it in an email and showed it to me :) good joke :p

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 11, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    billy gates... or is it sir william gates.... is a dam funny man to make fun off with things like that :D
    i still see no relevance to this and the Alienware MP3 player :D

    unholy, Sep 11, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    its relevant, even if only very remotely. The discussion of discussion of the Alienware MP3 Player led to the discussion of portable storage space, which led to the discussion of whether its possible to have a tb of space in a watch, which led to joke about huge batteries. Therefore, if we backtrack through the conversation, we getback to the original topic, which means it is relevant :)

    XhArD, Sep 12, 2005
  17. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    512mb to 1gb? Dude, I carry around thumb drives bigger than that to keep incidental stuff on. If it ain't 40gb or better it's worthless. Most of those flash MP3 players are way too overpriced and small. I'll keep my nice 60gb iPod. It may be Apple but I can store almost, on, .0025% of my music on it. :)

    The Modfather, Sep 13, 2005
  18. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    i know aye, those mp3 players cost hundreds of bucks for the smae functions as you can get from an MP3 cd player like mine, mine was $140 2 years ago, good quality Panasonic 418-sl or whatever, and its better than a p o s mp3 player. One cd gives you more songs than an entire 512mb mp3 player, and you can carry 20-40 in a single cdwallet ythats only slightly bigger than a cheap mp3 player anyway.

    XhArD, Sep 13, 2005
  19. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Dude I want to see this worlds largest mp3 player you are talking about :p Most are the size of thumb drives.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 13, 2005
  20. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    slightly was an under-exaggeration then. its bigger, but i bet you that if you had a cd wallet with 21000MB of songs on it, itd be smaller than a pile of mp3 players that would equal that space :p Unless its like an iRiver or whatever, butthey cost tons.

    XhArD, Sep 13, 2005