    Thanks peeps!

    mm
    , Feb 2, 2007

  2. Grappletech Guest

    "" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I am in the market for a new PC (ever since Vista came out). I have
    > been looking at Alienware. I see they have a quad core setup. Is
    > this really needed? No, I don't play allot of games. Does the amount
    > of RAM have any bearing on this quadcore processor setuP.
    >
    > Finally, is there any other option besides Alianware if I want t kick
    > ass machine? I'd be using it more for music/video/internet than
    > anything else.
    >
    > Thanks peeps!
    >
    > mm

    You could go with one of the high end Dells, HP's, etc. and get the same
    specs. But I think the Alienware machine would be about the same price
    and have better resale value due to its name/cool case. Are ya crunching
    video/music? Or just playing video/music? Because you don't really need
    a top end machine unless you're processing/crunching video/music. If you
    had like a $1000 machine, you may not notice any difference between that
    and a $3000 Alienware machine.

    Grappletech, Feb 2, 2007

  3. babaloo Guest

    Aliewnare is now owned by Dell.
    Do you need to know anything else about them?
    babaloo, Feb 3, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Feb 2, 11:47 pm, "babaloo" <> wrote:
    > Aliewnare is now owned by Dell.
    > Do you need to know anything else about them?

    I would really like to buy something non-Dell. I had a Dell and once
    when I called support, I did not get a person from the U.S. I had a
    very difficult time communicating with her. I would rather get
    support in the U.S. and moreover, get a machine MADE in the U.S. I
    hate Dell.
    , Feb 5, 2007
  5. Guest

    On Feb 2, 5:04 pm, Grappletech <> wrote:
    > "" <> wrote innews::
    >
    > > I am in the market for a new PC (ever since Vista came out). I have
    > > been looking at Alienware. I see they have a quad core setup. Is
    > > this really needed? No, I don't play allot of games. Does the amount
    > > of RAM have any bearing on this quadcore processor setuP.

    > > Finally, is there any other option besides Alianware if I want t kick
    > > ass machine? I'd be using it more for music/video/internet than
    > > anything else.

    > > Thanks peeps!

    > > mm

    > You could go with one of the high end Dells, HP's, etc. and get the same
    > specs. But I think the Alienware machine would be about the same price
    > and have better resale value due to its name/cool case. Are ya crunching
    > video/music? Or just playing video/music? Because you don't really need
    > a top end machine unless you're processing/crunching video/music. If you
    > had like a $1000 machine, you may not notice any difference between that
    > and a $3000 Alienware machine.

    Can you offer an alternative? (specific, as in model #)
    , Feb 5, 2007