    (FYI: remove the x when replying back)
    "Aspire to go as far as your greatest strengths will take you, but realize
    that you'll get no further than your greatest weakness will allow."
    Jo Ann, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Jo Ann

    GlassPrison Guest

    "Jo Ann" <> wrote in message
    news:qr46b.5075$...
    > I went to Suncoast Video store last month and wanted to order the "box DVD
    > set" that included the 4 Alien movies and the order was placed only to get

    > call two weeks later that they now do not have it. Does anyone know what

    is
    > going on with the movies? Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble have them listed

    on
    > their web site.

    discontinued. They're supposedly redoing all the films with extra features,
    anamorphic widescreen, etc, etc. be patient :)

    Dan
    GlassPrison, Sep 5, 2003

  3. Jo Ann

    hal Guest

    In article <qr46b.5075$>,
    says...

    >I went to Suncoast Video store last month and wanted to order the "box DVD
    >set" that included the 4 Alien movies and the order was placed only to get a
    >call two weeks later that they now do not have it. Does anyone know what is
    >going on with the movies? Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble have them listed on
    >their web site.
    >
    >--
    >Jo Ann
    >
    >(FYI: remove the x when replying back)
    >"Aspire to go as far as your greatest strengths will take you, but realize
    >that you'll get no further than your greatest weakness will allow."

    Last I heard it was slated for a November 11 release. You'd probably save a
    significant amount of money either pre-ordering it from Amazon or waiting for
    Best Buy/Circuit City's first week discount price. Suncoast is a ripoff,
    usually.

    Hal
    hal, Sep 5, 2003
  4. Jo Ann

    hal Guest

    In article <mE46b.3790$J6.3395@pd7tw3no>, says...

    >"Jo Ann" <> wrote in message
    >> I went to Suncoast Video store last month and wanted to order the "box DVD
    >> set" that included the 4 Alien movies and the order was placed only to get

    >> call two weeks later that they now do not have it. Does anyone know what

    >is
    >> going on with the movies? Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble have them listed

    >on
    >> their web site.

    >discontinued. They're supposedly redoing all the films with extra features,
    >anamorphic widescreen, etc, etc. be patient :)
    >
    >Dan

    Sorry, I thought the Alien Quadrilogy box was what she was referring to. Quite
    right, the older version is discontinued. I don't know if the Nov. 11 date for
    the new one is firm or not.
    hal, Sep 5, 2003
  5. Jo Ann

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    December 16 is the latest date I've heard for "Alien Quadrilogy"
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    Help bring "Freaks and Geeks" to DVD at http://www.freaksandgeeks.com/dvd/
    CLOSEDOWN8, Sep 6, 2003
  6. Jo Ann

    Frohike Guest

    "GlassPrison" <> wrote in message

    > "Jo Ann" <> wrote in message
    > > I went to Suncoast Video store last month and wanted to order the "box

    DVD
    > > set" that included the 4 Alien movies and the order was placed only to

    get
    > > call two weeks later that they now do not have it. Does anyone know

    what
    > is
    > > going on with the movies? Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble have them listed

    > on
    > > their web site.

    > discontinued. They're supposedly redoing all the films with extra

    features,
    > anamorphic widescreen, etc, etc. be patient :)
    >
    > Dan

    Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70 for
    the first one. How many fuckin' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3
    Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
    Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
    Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
    Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir Dogs,
    2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness. What the **** is
    going on???
    Frohike, Sep 6, 2003
  7. Jo Ann

    Jay G Guest

    "Frohike" <> wrote
    > Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70

    for
    > the first one. How many fuckin' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3
    > Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
    > Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
    > Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
    > Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir

    Dogs,
    > 2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness. What the ****

    is
    > going on???

    The studios have pegged you for a sucker. I mean, damn man,
    you don't have to buy every DVD title that gets reissued, sometimes
    with dubious new features.

    -Jay
    Jay G, Sep 6, 2003
  8. "Jay G" <> wrote in message

    > "Frohike" <> wrote
    > > Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70

    > for
    > > the first one. How many fuckin' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3
    > > Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
    > > Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
    > > Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
    > > Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir

    > Dogs,
    > > 2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness.

    ....And a partridge in a pear treeeeeeee....
    ominousspiritous, Sep 6, 2003
  9. Jo Ann

    Tarkus Guest

    On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 04:53:53 GMT, Frohike wrote:

    > Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70 for

    No, you don't.

    > the first one. How many fuckin' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3

    As many times as you want.

    > Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
    > Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
    > Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
    > Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir Dogs,
    > 2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness. What the **** is
    > going on???

    Lack of self-control?
    --
    "We accidentally replaced your heart with a baked potato. You have
    about three seconds to live."

    Now playing: the radio
    Tarkus, Sep 6, 2003
  10. Jo Ann

    Mike Kohary Guest

    wrote:

    >Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70 for
    >the first one. How many fuckin' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3
    >Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
    >Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
    >Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
    >Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir Dogs,
    >2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness. What the **** is
    >going on???

    Why do you keep buying them just because they come out with a new
    edition?

    Mike
    --

    "On second thought, let's not | Mike Kohary
    go to Camelot. It is a silly |

    Cinema Paradiso http://www.kohary.com/movies
    Mike Kohary, Sep 6, 2003
  11. Jo Ann

    Frohike Guest

    "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 04:53:53 GMT, "Frohike" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70

    for
    > >the first one. How many fuckin' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3
    > >Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
    > >Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
    > >Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
    > >Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir

    Dogs,
    > >2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness. What the ****

    is
    > >going on???

    > Why do you keep buying them just because they come out with a new
    > edition?
    >
    > Mike

    Because I just bought a Mits 65" with progressive scan and I want to see the
    new anamorphic transfers. Hey, I'm a sucker. What can I say?
    Frohike, Sep 6, 2003
  12. Jo Ann

    ML-78 Guest

    > December 16 is the latest date I've heard for "Alien Quadrilogy"

    Me too, but since Amazon doesn't even have an entry for it yet, that date is
    probably not very official.

    ML-78
    ML-78, Sep 6, 2003
  13. Jo Ann

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Frohike wrote:
    > "GlassPrison" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Jo Ann" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I went to Suncoast Video store last month and wanted to order the "box

    > DVD
    >
    >>>set" that included the 4 Alien movies and the order was placed only to

    > get

    >>>call two weeks later that they now do not have it. Does anyone know

    > what
    >
    >>is
    >>
    >>>going on with the movies? Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble have them listed

    >>on
    >>
    >>>their web site.

    >>discontinued. They're supposedly redoing all the films with extra

    > features,
    >
    >>anamorphic widescreen, etc, etc. be patient :)
    >>
    >>Dan

    > Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70 for
    > the first one. How many fuckin' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3
    > Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
    > Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
    > Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
    > Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir Dogs,
    > 2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness. What the **** is
    > going on???

    Two Hannibals and less than two Silence of the Lambs?

    dick
    Dick Sidbury, Sep 6, 2003
  14. Jo Ann

    John Guest

    On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 08:45:53 GMT, "Frohike" <>
    wrote:

    >"Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 04:53:53 GMT, "Frohike" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70

    >for
    >> >the first one. How many fuckin' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3
    >> >Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
    >> >Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
    >> >Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
    >> >Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir

    >Dogs,
    >> >2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness. What the ****

    >is
    >> >going on???

    >> Why do you keep buying them just because they come out with a new
    >> edition?
    >>
    >> Mike

    >Because I just bought a Mits 65" with progressive scan and I want to see the
    >new anamorphic transfers. Hey, I'm a sucker. What can I say?

    Now you know why I don't buy DVD's anymore. The same thing happened
    to me in Star Trek. I still have not bought nemesis. Now I just
    archive and watch Divx or Xvid versions and svideo hookem up to the 36
    inch television. Like right now I have Nemesis in 2 CD's dolby
    digital 5 channel AC3 . I bought that Alien set when it first came
    out too. I have 16 DVD's in all. Now its been 2-3 year since I have
    purchased a DVD. Nope... I don't know if I can buy another DVD.
    Hopefully never will.

    John
    John, Sep 6, 2003
  15. Jo Ann

    Tarkus Guest

    On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 08:45:53 GMT, Frohike wrote:

    > Because I just bought a Mits 65" with progressive scan and I want to see the
    > new anamorphic transfers. Hey, I'm a sucker. What can I say?

    So why bitch about it? Nobody is forcing you to buy new editions.
    --
    "Never before has the beauty of the sexual act been so crassly
    exploited!"

    Now playing: the radio
    Tarkus, Sep 6, 2003
  16. Jo Ann

    W. Bird Phd Guest

    On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 15:14:45 GMT, Tarkus <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 08:45:53 GMT, Frohike wrote:
    >
    >> Because I just bought a Mits 65" with progressive scan and I want to see the
    >> new anamorphic transfers. Hey, I'm a sucker. What can I say?

    >So why bitch about it? Nobody is forcing you to buy new editions.

    And nobody's forcing you to respond to his posts. Move on to the next post if you don't like it.

    Prof. Speedbyrd :>
    W. Bird Phd, Sep 6, 2003
  17. Jo Ann

    Richard C. Guest

    "Frohike" <> wrote in message
    :
    : Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70 for
    : the first one. How many fuckin' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3
    : Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
    : Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
    : Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
    : Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir Dogs,
    : 2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness. What the **** is
    : going on???
    :
    ===============
    Holy ****!
    Who makes you buy them?
    Richard C., Sep 6, 2003
  18. Jo Ann

    Richard C. Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    :
    : Now you know why I don't buy DVD's anymore. The same thing happened
    : to me in Star Trek. I still have not bought nemesis. Now I just
    : archive and watch Divx or Xvid versions and svideo hookem up to the 36
    : inch television. Like right now I have Nemesis in 2 CD's dolby
    : digital 5 channel AC3 . I bought that Alien set when it first came
    : out too. I have 16 DVD's in all. Now its been 2-3 year since I have
    : purchased a DVD. Nope... I don't know if I can buy another DVD.
    : Hopefully never will.
    :
    ===========================
    But, you are just a simple thief..........
    Richard C., Sep 6, 2003
  19. Jo Ann

    ML-78 Guest

    > >> Because I just bought a Mits 65" with progressive scan and I want to see
    the
    > >> new anamorphic transfers. Hey, I'm a sucker. What can I say?

    > >So why bitch about it? Nobody is forcing you to buy new editions.

    > And nobody's forcing you to respond to his posts. Move on to the next post if

    you don't like it.

    The reply had nothing to do with not liking his post, but questioning the
    content of it. There's nothing wrong with that.

    ML-78
    ML-78, Sep 6, 2003
  20. In news:,
    John <> said in a panic:
    > Now you know why I don't buy DVD's anymore. The same thing happened
    > to me in Star Trek. I still have not bought nemesis. Now I just
    > archive and watch Divx or Xvid versions and svideo hookem up to the 36
    > inch television. Like right now I have Nemesis in 2 CD's dolby
    > digital 5 channel AC3 . I bought that Alien set when it first came
    > out too. I have 16 DVD's in all. Now its been 2-3 year since I have
    > purchased a DVD. Nope... I don't know if I can buy another DVD.
    > Hopefully never will.
    >
    > John

    I suppose you wouldn't mind if I steal your TV then. After all,
    you don't seem to mind stealing movies so I suppose you wouldn't
    mind me stealing your TV.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Sep 6, 2003