    and Region 2? The Orginal or a Extended Edition?

    I've also heard that the Region 1 set includes some things which
    others regions don't. Anyone know what they are? Thanks.

    ZC TGS, Dec 9, 2003

  2. ZC TGS

    SDamien3 Guest

    >Which version of Alien 3 is in the Alien Quadrilogy DVD set, Region 1
    >and Region 2? The Orginal or a Extended Edition?

    Through the miracle of seamless branching, BOTH versions of A3 are included on
    the same DVD.

    Not sure about any features exclusive to R1, sorry.

    cheerios,
    steven

    "The Han Solo I grew up with would never have let Greedo get the jump on him."

    SDamien3, Dec 9, 2003

  3. ZC TGS

    Lithurge Guest

    ZC TGS <> wrote
    in news::

    > Just a quickie question.
    >
    > Which version of Alien 3 is in the Alien Quadrilogy DVD
    > set, Region 1 and Region 2? The Orginal or a Extended
    > Edition?
    >
    > I've also heard that the Region 1 set includes some things
    > which others regions don't. Anyone know what they are?
    > Thanks.

    From http://www.dvdcompare.net/

    It looks like one 'proper' missing extra and handling deleted
    scenes/commentaries slightly differently.

    OVERALL : R1 - Region 1 allows you to listen to the audio
    commentary with either version of the film, but on the Region 2,
    the tracks are available only on: "Theatrical Release" of
    "Alien", "Special Edition" of "Aliens", "Theatrical Release" of
    "Alien 3", and "Theatrical Release" of "Alien: Resurrection".
    Further more, on the Region 1 discs, you can view an optional
    "deleted footage" marker, and you´re also able to view the
    "deleted footage" from the theatrical cut's "Supplements menu".
    Both of these options are missing from the Region 2 discs. R2 is
    also missing the "script to screen comparisons". Both cover and
    menu designs differ slightly between the Region 1 and 2 discs.

    Lithurge, Dec 9, 2003
  4. ZC TGS

    ZC TGS Guest

    On 9 Dec 2003 18:07:52 GMT, Lithurge <>
    wrote:

    >ZC TGS <> wrote
    >in news::
    >

    >> Just a quickie question.
    >>
    >> Which version of Alien 3 is in the Alien Quadrilogy DVD
    >> set, Region 1 and Region 2? The Orginal or a Extended
    >> Edition?
    >>
    >> I've also heard that the Region 1 set includes some things
    >> which others regions don't. Anyone know what they are?
    >> Thanks.

    >From http://www.dvdcompare.net/
    >
    >It looks like one 'proper' missing extra and handling deleted
    >scenes/commentaries slightly differently.
    >
    >OVERALL : R1 - Region 1 allows you to listen to the audio
    >commentary with either version of the film, but on the Region 2,
    >the tracks are available only on: "Theatrical Release" of
    >"Alien", "Special Edition" of "Aliens", "Theatrical Release" of
    >"Alien 3", and "Theatrical Release" of "Alien: Resurrection".
    >Further more, on the Region 1 discs, you can view an optional
    >"deleted footage" marker, and you´re also able to view the
    >"deleted footage" from the theatrical cut's "Supplements menu".
    >Both of these options are missing from the Region 2 discs. R2 is
    >also missing the "script to screen comparisons". Both cover and
    >menu designs differ slightly between the Region 1 and 2 discs.

    Thanks for the info.

    I'm in the UK and have already bought the set.

    Hate it when things like this happens between regions. I want the
    higher resolution that PAL gives and also the full package as well.
    Yet once again it's not possible.Looks like I may have to get the
    Region 1 DVD set at some point in the future as well if possible.

    ZC TGS, Dec 9, 2003
  5. ZC TGS

    ZC TGS Guest

    On 09 Dec 2003 17:00:40 GMT, pamfart (SDamien3)
    wrote:

    >>Which version of Alien 3 is in the Alien Quadrilogy DVD set, Region 1
    >>and Region 2? The Orginal or a Extended Edition?

    >Through the miracle of seamless branching, BOTH versions of A3 are included on
    >the same DVD.

    I've not had a chance to watch the set yet, but for those who have,
    can anyone let me know how much of footage of actor Paul McGann as
    been put back in? Thanks.

    ZC TGS, Dec 9, 2003
  6. ZC TGS

    RR Guest

    ZC TGS wrote:
    > On 09 Dec 2003 17:00:40 GMT, pamfart (SDamien3)
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> Which version of Alien 3 is in the Alien Quadrilogy DVD set, Region
    >>> 1 and Region 2? The Orginal or a Extended Edition?

    >> Through the miracle of seamless branching, BOTH versions of A3 are
    >> included on the same DVD.

    > I've not had a chance to watch the set yet, but for those who have,
    > can anyone let me know how much of footage of actor Paul McGann as
    > been put back in? Thanks.

    I have yet to see it either, but apparently there's quite a bit of extra
    stuff with McGann, as his character Golic was one of the major
    cutting-room-floor casualties in the theatrical release (odd, too, as I
    think he received third or fourth billing in the film). He's also on the
    commentary track I believe.

    --
    RR

    "That's the problem with individuals: they're always trying."
    - Number 2, "The Prisoner"

    RR, Dec 9, 2003
  7. ZC TGS

    napalm68 Guest

    The omissions are hardly worth wanting - a cut down version of the
    commentary for the new version, plus annoying on screen markers for people
    who can't figure out for them selves what is new? Come on...

    napalm68, Dec 10, 2003
  8. ZC TGS

    Larry Gold Guest

    heard there are both the same
    each film has 2 different versions
    its funny I brought the films as singles which cost me around £70
    than when the 1st box set come out that was £65, so did not bother.
    Now this set cost me £53. and has 40 hours of extras, its a truly stunning
    set

    --
    Larry.gold
    Arsenal For Life

    Larry Gold, Dec 10, 2003
  9. Re: Alien Quadrilogy - What version is Alien3? The Orginal or a ExtendedEdition?

    napalm68 wrote:
    > The omissions are hardly worth wanting - a cut down version of the
    > commentary for the new version, plus annoying on screen markers for people
    > who can't figure out for them selves what is new? Come on...

    The commentary isn;t even with Fincher, which makes it pretty much
    worthless in my book.

    Tallulah Blanket, Dec 11, 2003
  10. ZC TGS

    Peter Briggs Guest

    ZC TGS <> wrote:

    > I've not had a chance to watch the set yet, but for those who have,
    > can anyone let me know how much of footage of actor Paul McGann as
    > been put back in? Thanks.

    A hell of a lot. Quite a few revised scenes. He rants and raves all
    over the place!

    Peter Briggs, Dec 11, 2003
  11. ZC TGS

    Peter Briggs Guest

    ZC TGS <> wrote:

    > I'm in the UK and have already bought the set.
    >
    > Hate it when things like this happens between regions. I want the
    > higher resolution that PAL gives and also the full package as well.
    > Yet once again it's not possible.Looks like I may have to get the
    > Region 1 DVD set at some point in the future as well if possible.

    Don't sweat it. The deleted footage marker is nigh-on useless. Look at
    the instance where Kane pulls his gun in the Derelict egg silo...the
    marker should come up, and it doesn't. You're not missing much.

    Peter Briggs, Dec 11, 2003
  12. ZC TGS

    Mike Jackson Guest

    > > I've not had a chance to watch the set yet, but for those who have,
    > > can anyone let me know how much of footage of actor Paul McGann as
    > > been put back in? Thanks.

    > A hell of a lot. Quite a few revised scenes. He rants and raves all
    > over the place!

    And it's the coolest part of the Assembly Cut. Such a shame that they axed
    so much of the Golic character.

    Mike Jackson
    Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
    www.dvdverdict.com