    if it's the same chapter). Does anyone else notice this? It's also in
    several other scenes as well, but not all the time.

    Morgan
    Morgan, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Morgan

    Axl Guest

    I dont remember THAT..but isnt the Alien 3 audio transfer messed
    up...almost to the point of being inaudiable sometimes?

    Axl, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Morgan

    Lithurge Guest

    Axl <> wrote in

    > I dont remember THAT..but isnt the Alien 3 audio transfer
    > messed up...almost to the point of being inaudiable
    > sometimes?

    If you play the special cut of the film then the picture
    quality & audio aren't quite up the scenes that are part of
    the non special cut. This is acknowledged at the start of
    playing it.

    Lithurge, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Morgan

    Morgan Guest

    > > I dont remember THAT..but isnt the Alien 3 audio transfer
    > > messed up...almost to the point of being inaudiable
    > > sometimes?

    Yes, I noticed that too (only on the S.E. so far, I'll have to check the
    theatrical version). I know that the new scenes in the S.E. are pretty
    inaudible at some times, as stated before the movie, but even the scenes
    that are also in the theatrical version aren't right. The music almost
    drowns out the dialogue in some scenes.

    > If you play the special cut of the film then the picture
    > quality & audio aren't quite up the scenes that are part of
    > the non special cut. This is acknowledged at the start of
    > playing it.

    It's also in the same scenes of the theatrical version.

    I watched the same scenes in the theatrical cut to compare to the S.E. and
    they are identical. Doesn't "seemless branching" mean that any extra scenes
    are incorporated into the movie and other scenes can be removed? That way,
    to save disc space, identical scenes aren't on the disc twice. Is that
    right? That would explain why some scenes have the same defect in both
    versions.

    Has FOX issued any statements about a defect? Maybe replacement discs?

    Morgan
    Morgan, Jan 9, 2004
  5. Morgan

    Axl Guest

    Well I didnt buy this new release..I had the previous box set (black
    one) and I noticed the drownout in THAT copy of alien 3.

    Axl, Jan 9, 2004
  6. I have no problems with dialog audibility beyond the ackknowledged S.E.
    segments.

    Michael Rogers, Jan 9, 2004