Alien Quad movies available individually

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Evil, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Evil

    Evil Guest

    Digital Bits has a review of the first 2 discs right now and will be
    adding the rest in the next few days. Sounds awesome so far.

    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/alienquad00.html

    and then accoridng to them,

    " We should also let you know that separate 2-disc versions of each of
    the films in this box set will be released on DVD on January 6th (for
    $26.98 each - the 9th bonus disc will only be available in this set)."

    YES!!!

    So 12/2 $99.98 msrp means that dvdpacific price should be $60-some.
    or 1/6 $26.98/each msrp means about $20 each?

    Likely, i'll just go ahead and grab the boxset, but still nice that
    the choice is there in a reasonable window.

    Evil, Nov 3, 2003

  2. (Evil) writes:

    > So 12/2 $99.98 msrp means that dvdpacific price should be $60-some.
    > or 1/6 $26.98/each msrp means about $20 each?
    >
    > Likely, i'll just go ahead and grab the boxset, but still nice that
    > the choice is there in a reasonable window.

    Set is $73.52 at dvdpacific and $73.19 at deepdiscountdvd. Still less
    than $19 a movie so a good deal if you want them all.

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Evil

    Mike Jackson Guest

    > Set is $73.52 at dvdpacific and $73.19 at deepdiscountdvd. Still less
    > than $19 a movie so a good deal if you want them all.

    I'm happy with the original releases, except for Alien3. Definitely planning
    on buying just that one.

    Mike Jackson
    Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
    www.dvdverdict.com

    Mike Jackson, Nov 4, 2003
  4. Evil wrote:

    > Digital Bits has a review of the first 2 discs right now and will be
    > adding the rest in the next few days. Sounds awesome so far.
    >
    > http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/alienquad00.html
    >
    > and then accoridng to them,
    >
    > " We should also let you know that separate 2-disc versions of each of
    > the films in this box set will be released on DVD on January 6th (for
    > $26.98 each - the 9th bonus disc will only be available in this set)."
    >
    > YES!!!
    >
    > So 12/2 $99.98 msrp means that dvdpacific price should be $60-some.
    > or 1/6 $26.98/each msrp means about $20 each?
    >
    > Likely, i'll just go ahead and grab the boxset, but still nice that
    > the choice is there in a reasonable window.

    The theatrical cut of Alien is actually longer than the Director's cut
    (only by 1 minute)?

    LVIII

    Lord Vader III, Nov 4, 2003