    One for the kids, "Squeak is a modern, open source, highly portable,
    fast and full-featured implementation of the powerful Smalltalk programming
    language and environment." http://www.squeakland.org/

    Trax, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Trax

    philo Guest

    "Trax" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Big NASA Announcement Set For Today... // NASA is planning to make a
    > huge announcement today, about possible life in our own solar system.
    > Exact details of what we can expect to hear have not been released. We
    > do know that evidence has been found that could point to life
    > relatively close to the earth....
    >
    > http://cfnews13.com/StoryHeadline.aspx?id=13873 (too busy for some
    > reason)

    yes...
    life has been know to exist in out solar system for many millions of
    years...
    just no intelligence found

    philo, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Trax

    Trax Guest

    "philo" <> wrote:

    |>"Trax" <> wrote in message
    |>>
    |>> Big NASA Announcement Set For Today... // NASA is planning to make a
    |>> huge announcement today, about possible life in our own solar system.
    |>> Exact details of what we can expect to hear have not been released. We
    |>> do know that evidence has been found that could point to life
    |>> relatively close to the earth....
    |>>
    |>> http://cfnews13.com/StoryHeadline.aspx?id=13873 (too busy for some
    |>> reason)

    |>yes...
    |>life has been know to exist in out solar system for many millions of
    |>years...
    |>just no intelligence found

    I'm sure they're excluding Earth :)

    Trax, Mar 9, 2006
  4. Trax

    philo Guest

    > I'm sure they're excluding Earth :)

    I'm not so sure they are excluding Earth!!!

    philo, Mar 9, 2006
  5. Trax wrote:
    > "philo" <> wrote:
    >

    > |>"Trax" <> wrote in message

    > |>yes...
    > |>life has been know to exist in out solar system for many millions of
    > |>years...
    > |>just no intelligence found
    > |>

    > I'm sure they're excluding Earth :)

    Only west of Greenwich :p

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 9, 2006
  6. Trax

    Scraggy Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Only west of Greenwich :p

    Oi! West of 8.18W is acceptable.

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Mar 9, 2006
  7. Trax

    JANA Guest

    Most likely it is bacterial or some type of viral type of life form. As for
    intelligent life, even if they knew about it, most likely they would never
    officially tell the public.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Mar 9, 2006
  8. On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:07:07 -0800, Trax wrote:

    > Big NASA Announcement Set For Today... // NASA is planning to make a huge
    > announcement today, about possible life in our own solar system. Exact
    > details of what we can expect to hear have not been released. We do know
    > that evidence has been found that could point to life relatively close to
    > the earth....
    >
    > http://cfnews13.com/StoryHeadline.aspx?id=13873 (too busy for some reason)

    SERVER MAINTENANCE
    cfnews13.com is currently off-line for maintenance.

    We have a server upgrade underway. We try our best to schedule these events in the middle of the night and over weekends to maximize uptime, and we only maintain them during business hours in case of an emergency. We expect to complete the upgrade before 6:00 AM ET

    Please check back with us soon.

    Thank you for your patience.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona|anomoP, CA * http://www.donavan.org
    "The two most abundant things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity."

    Gary G. Taylor, Mar 9, 2006
  9. Trax wrote:
    > Big NASA Announcement Set For Today... // NASA is planning to make a
    > huge announcement today, about possible life in our own solar system.
    > Exact details of what we can expect to hear have not been released. We
    > do know that evidence has been found that could point to life
    > relatively close to the earth....
    >
    > http://cfnews13.com/StoryHeadline.aspx?id=13873 (too busy for some
    > reason)

    Got anything to do with Jeb Bush, our next president?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 9, 2006
  10. Trax

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:19:01 GMT, "Gary G. Taylor"
    <> wrote:

    >We have a server upgrade underway. We try our best to schedule these events in the middle of the night

    "The middle of the night?"

    Well, it's always the middle of the night SOMEWHERE.

    Evan Platt, Mar 9, 2006
  11. Trax

    Trax Guest

    Trax <> wrote:

    |>Big NASA Announcement Set For Today... // NASA is planning to make a
    |>huge announcement today, about possible life in our own solar system.
    |>Exact details of what we can expect to hear have not been released. We
    |>do know that evidence has been found that could point to life
    |>relatively close to the earth....
    |>
    |>http://cfnews13.com/StoryHeadline.aspx?id=13873 (too busy for some
    |>reason)

    Follow-up
    http://www.drudgereport.com/flash8na.htm

    It's all about water sigh, nothing waving :)

    "NASA's Cassini spacecraft may have found evidence of liquid water
    reservoirs that erupt in Yellowstone-like geysers on Saturn's moon
    Enceladus. The rare occurrence of liquid water so near the surface
    raises many new questions about the mysterious moon."

    Trax, Mar 9, 2006
  12. Trax

    Vanguard Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Trax wrote:

    >> We

    > Only west of Greenwich :p

    How far west? Going west eventually gets you back to where you started
    unless you believe the planet is flat instead of round.

    Vanguard, Mar 9, 2006
  13. JANA wrote:

    > Most likely it is bacterial or some type of viral type of life form.

    As long as it only attacks Windows, that's okay.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 9, 2006
  14. Trax

    Bri. Guest

    In news:dupq8r$r02$,
    Vanguard typed...

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Only west of Greenwich :p

    > How far west?

    Up to 180º - Beyond that is east of Greenwich.

    --
    How far can you run into a wood?

    Bri., Mar 9, 2006
  15. Trax

    philo Guest

    <snip>
    > I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as
    > members. Groucho Marx

    good sig...
    I just got done reading Groucho's autobiography.

    If you can believe it...he really did send in the above resignation from a
    club he had joined!

    philo, Mar 9, 2006
  16. Trax

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Trax spewed forth:
    > Big NASA Announcement Set For Today... // NASA is planning to make a
    > huge announcement today, about possible life in our own solar system.
    > Exact details of what we can expect to hear have not been released. We
    > do know that evidence has been found that could point to life
    > relatively close to the earth....
    >
    > http://cfnews13.com/StoryHeadline.aspx?id=13873 (too busy for some
    > reason)

    They want alien life? Why go out of the atmosphere? Heck, all they gotta do
    is look in my next door neighbors house...I'm sure there are some alien
    entities there. Not necessarily intelligent life forms, but definately
    alien.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 10, 2006
  17. Trax

    Plato Guest

    Trax wrote:

    > Big NASA Announcement Set For Today... // NASA is planning to make a
    > huge announcement today, about possible life in our own solar system.

    Sheesh. Of course other life exists in the solar system. No need for
    some government to tell you so.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 11, 2006