    sale, is that right? How do you identify these? I see best buy has Alien
    and Aliens on a 2 for $30 sale, but I can't tell if these are the versions
    from the Quadrilogy set or not. Anyone know?
    Shinner, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Shinner

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns948368631449Cmyemailsomeservercom@207.69.154.206...
    > Question on identifying the verious editions of Alien....
    >
    > The versions from the Quadrilogy set have been released for individual
    > sale, is that right? How do you identify these? I see best buy has Alien
    > and Aliens on a 2 for $30 sale, but I can't tell if these are the versions
    > from the Quadrilogy set or not. Anyone know?

    You can look for the UPC number, the bar code typcially in the upper right
    hand corner of the back cover. Here are the numbers for the new releases:

    Alien (Collector's Edition) 024543098508
    Aliens (Collector's Edition) 024543098546
    Alien 3 (Collector's Edition) 024543098584
    Alien Resurrection (Collector's Edition) 024543098621

    Each of these UPC numbers are associated with the January 6th release, the
    indivdual sets from the complete box set. I hope this helps.

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info
    Doug MacLean, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Shinner wrote:
    > The versions from the Quadrilogy set have been released for individual
    > sale, is that right?

    Yes, as of 6 January 2004.

    > How do you identify these?

    They're two-disc editions in cardboard slipcovers with yellow-green titles
    in a consistent typeface: the older releases were all single-disc editions
    in keepcases and had titles in varying typefaces and colours.

    > I see best buy has Alien and Aliens on a 2 for $30 sale, but I can't
    > tell if these are the versions from the Quadrilogy set or not. Anyone
    > know?

    Well, the older editions are out of print, so I should think Best Buy would
    only be selling the newer ones. These (taken from Best Buy's web site) are
    the new Quadrilogy-sourced editions:

    _Alien_:
    <http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=58085&skuId=6220626&type=product>

    _Aliens_:
    <http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=20170&skuId=6220635&type=product>

    And here's the "two for $30" offer page:

    <http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat23000050034&type=category>

    So yes, the versions in the offer are the Quadrilogy editions.

    HTH,

    doug

    --

    ---------------Douglas Bailey ()---------------
    Everything is good these days, but all of my friends are dying...
    Douglas Bailey, Feb 2, 2004
  4. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    "Doug MacLean" <> wrote in

    > You can look for the UPC number, the bar code typcially in the upper
    > right hand corner of the back cover. Here are the numbers for the new
    > releases:
    >
    > Alien (Collector's Edition) 024543098508
    > Aliens (Collector's Edition) 024543098546
    > Alien 3 (Collector's Edition) 024543098584
    > Alien Resurrection (Collector's Edition) 024543098621
    >
    > Each of these UPC numbers are associated with the January 6th release,
    > the indivdual sets from the complete box set. I hope this helps.

    Thanks...printed it out and will take it along to BB. I think BB's website
    did list the release date as 1/6, so I'm fairly sure these are the ones.
    Shinner, Feb 2, 2004
  5. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    Douglas Bailey <> wrote in

    > So yes, the versions in the offer are the Quadrilogy editions.

    Thanks! Will be picking them up for sure.
    Shinner, Feb 2, 2004