    have two discs more worth of extras or does this have something to do
    with compression or resolution or empty space or what. TIA.

    , Jan 1, 2004

  2. Justin Guest

    wrote on [Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:44:21 GMT]:
    > I'm guessing that all three shows have about the same number of eps
    > but TWW and ER are only 4 discs while Alias has 6. Does Alias really
    > have two discs more worth of extras or does this have something to do
    > with compression or resolution or empty space or what. TIA.

    West Wing discs are double sided.

    Justin, Jan 1, 2004

  3. jayembee Guest

    wrote:

    >I'm guessing that all three shows have about the same number of eps
    >but TWW and ER are only 4 discs while Alias has 6. Does Alias really
    >have two discs more worth of extras or does this have something to do
    >with compression or resolution or empty space or what. TIA.

    No, it has to do with the type of discs used. For THE WEST WING and
    ER, Warner used DVD-18s (double-layered on both sides), while Buena
    Vista used DVD-9s (double-layered on one side) for ALIAS.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Rich Clark Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I'm guessing that all three shows have about the same number of eps
    > but TWW and ER are only 4 discs while Alias has 6. Does Alias really
    > have two discs more worth of extras or does this have something to do
    > with compression or resolution or empty space or what. TIA.

    TWW and ER are DVD-18 discs, double-sided, dual layered. The episodes take
    up six sides on three discs. The fourth disc is a DVD-5 single sided, single
    layer disc for the extras.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Jan 1, 2004