    for my fujifilm f810, and there seems to be a bunch of those non-oem
    sellers on ebay, how do i know which one to buy from?

    Thanks
    Mike Henley, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Mike Henley

    Sabineellen Guest

    Also, are those non-oem batteries safe or should i just pay a little extra and
    get the original fujifilm battery?
    Sabineellen, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Mike Henley

    Simon Jester Guest

    On 17 Nov 2004 19:12:10 -0800, (Mike Henley) wrote:
    > The question is; I want to buy a couple of spare batteries
    >for my fujifilm f810, and there seems to be a bunch of those non-oem
    >sellers on ebay, how do i know which one to buy from?

    I can't answer all your questions, but I bought this battery:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43447&item=3853527240&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

    For my FZ20 and so far it's been okay, it didn't blow up when I charged it, it
    seems to last as long as the OEM battery in use. The not blowing up thing was a
    big plus being that it came from HK, shipping took 6 days.
    Simon Jester, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Mike Henley

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>, Mike
    Henley says...
    > Calling Alfred (and others too), you did a test of batteries comparing
    > an original Olympus battery with 2 non-oem you bought from ebay. There
    > was a considerable difference in the quality of the two non-oem
    > batteries. The question is; I want to buy a couple of spare batteries
    > for my fujifilm f810, and there seems to be a bunch of those non-oem
    > sellers on ebay, how do i know which one to buy from?

    The difference is not so huge after all. The original Olympus BLM-1
    LiIon battery had a measured capacity of 1299 mAh, while the two cheaper
    alternatives had 1077 and 744 mAh respectively.

    While we might say that the 744 mAh is "bad", it is still usable. The
    other one, the 1077 mAh one, is OK, because it has 83% of the capacity
    of the original Olympus one - only 17% less.

    On the other hand the original Olympus battery costs *17* times (in
    words: s-e-v-e-n-t-e-e-n) more than the cheaper 3rd party ones (70 Euro
    vs. 4 Euro). So, it's ok if the cheaper battery has a bit less capacity
    - just buy two 3rd party batteries.

    I payed 8 Euro for a total capacity of 1821 mAh and would have payed 70
    Euro for a capacity of 1299 mAh.

    Unfortunately there is no way to know which seller has "good" and which
    one has "bad" batteries. Both batteries I bought were from the same
    seller, and they look exactly like the Olympus original. They don't have
    a separate brand.

    In case you are interested, I bought the batteries from the seller with
    user-id "goods_keeper" and payed $17.97 for two batteries including
    shipping. Overall I got good value considering what I payed.

    For those who are interested the test is here:
    http://myolympus.org/8080/blm1/
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Nov 18, 2004
  5. Mike Henley

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Alfred Molon, Nov 18, 2004
  6. Mike Henley

    Sabineellen Guest

    >The ones I bought are safe. I've been using them since August with no
    >problems.
    >--

    who did you buy from? especially that longer lasting one
    Sabineellen, Nov 18, 2004
  7. Mike Henley

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Alfred Molon, Nov 18, 2004
  8. Mike Henley

    Sabineellen Guest

    >> who did you buy from? especially that longer lasting one

    >Both from the same ebay seller - "goods_keeper".
    >--

    when you tested them, were they the same age?
    Sabineellen, Nov 18, 2004
  9. Mike Henley

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>, Sabineellen
    says...

    > >> who did you buy from? especially that longer lasting one

    > >Both from the same ebay seller - "goods_keeper".
    > >--

    > when you tested them, were they the same age?

    Yep, I bought both of them in August this year. They are actually quite
    new - I haven't used them much.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Nov 18, 2004