    'English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono'. My question: is the latter entry
    the audio commentary track, or could it be the original mono
    soundtrack?
    Prince of Orange, Aug 3, 2005

  2. Prince of Orange

    jayembee Guest

    Prince of Orange <> wrote:

    > Note that under the Audio entry for Vertigo, you'll find 2 audio
    > streams: 'English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround' and
    > 'English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono'. My question: is the latter entry
    > the audio commentary track, or could it be the original mono
    > soundtrack?

    No guarantees, but they generally don't list specs for commentary tracks, so
    the aforementioned mono track is most likely the original soundtrack.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Aug 4, 2005

  3. Prince of Orange

    Moo Guest

    "Prince of Orange" <> wrote in message
    > Vertigo is my favorite film, and although I love the restoration done
    > by Robert Harris and James Katz, I am one of the many fans who have
    > criticized the intrusive new foley sounds that were recorded for the
    > restored version.

    <snip>

    > This set will correct a great wrong that was committed by featuring an
    > anamorphic transfer of Vertigo. Here is the link detailing the specs
    > for the set:

    <snip>

    The copy of vertigo I have (which is still sealed, haven't got round to
    watching it yet!) already features an anamorphic transfer.

    It is the region 2 version with the black & red cover (very hard to read
    etc!) where you have to search for the special features on the back as they
    can barely be seen! It is labell The Hitchcock Collection.

    The version I have runs at 2hrs 4mins, the version on that website is 2hrs
    10mins but is that just because of the PAL, NTSC differences??
    Moo, Aug 4, 2005