ALDI Computer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Geoff Pearson, Feb 23, 2008.

  1. Geoff Pearson, Feb 23, 2008

  2. Geoff Pearson

    Old Codger Guest

    Geoff Pearson wrote:
    > What do people think of this - anyone got one?
    >
    > http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_5061.htm

    I bought the MD8083 four years ago. Similar spec, allowing for the age.
    It does what it says "on the tin" and has been reliable.

    HTH

    --
    Old Codger
    e-mail use reply to field

    Old Codger, Feb 23, 2008

  3. Geoff Pearson

    philo Guest

    "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in message
    > What do people think of this - anyone got one?
    >
    > http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_5061.htm

    Aldi is the last place in the world I'd expect to get a computer from...
    but I worked on one a while back...
    and it was a good machine.

    Of course you may be able to find another good machine elsewhere
    for less money
    philo, Feb 23, 2008
  4. Geoff Pearson

    Skinty Guest

    They were also sold By Tescos a complete system 2/4 years ago
    they might still Sell Them might be worth checking out

    Regards
    Digs

    Skinty, Feb 24, 2008
  5. Geoff Pearson

    Guest

    looks like good value to me - esp with the 3 year warranty

    Vista home premium comes with Media Center which will work well with
    the TV card
    , Feb 25, 2008
  6. Geoff Pearson

    Homenet Guest

    On Feb 25, 9:42 am, wrote:
    > looks like good value to me - esp with the 3 year warranty
    >
    > Vista home premium comes with Media Center which will work well with
    > the TV card

    Good deal, gotta be careful with Medion stuff, but since you got a
    warranty its all good.

    --------------------------------
    Home networking articles, guides and news - http://homenet.mypressonline.com
    Homenet, Feb 25, 2008
  7. Geoff Pearson

    doS Guest

    doS, Feb 27, 2008
  8. Geoff Pearson

    G. Morgan Guest

    Geoff Pearson wrote:

    >What do people think of this - anyone got one?

    I wouldn't trust them, they spelled "program" wrong! (Programme)

    --

    I kill all Google Group posts, you can too.
    Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org
    G. Morgan, Feb 27, 2008
  9. Geoff Pearson

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    G. Morgan wrote:
    > Geoff Pearson wrote:
    >
    >> What do people think of this - anyone got one?

    > I wouldn't trust them, they spelled "program" wrong! (Programme)

    No they did not - they spelled it correctly for the UK.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Feb 27, 2008
  10. Geoff Pearson

    G. Morgan Guest

    Oldus Fartus wrote:

    >G. Morgan wrote:
    >> Geoff Pearson wrote:
    >>
    >>> What do people think of this - anyone got one?

    >> I wouldn't trust them, they spelled "program" wrong! (Programme)
    >>

    >No they did not - they spelled it correctly for the UK.

    I know... it was just a dig. I forgot British humor, or should I say "humour",
    doesn't appreciate sarcasm. :)

    G. Morgan, Feb 28, 2008
  11. Geoff Pearson

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:28:15 +0000, G. Morgan wrote:

    > I forgot British humor, or should I say
    > "humour", doesn't appreciate sarcasm.

    Irony's the thing. Much more subtle than sarcasm.

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com
    Aardvark, Feb 28, 2008