alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Justin Hawkes, Jun 10, 2005.

  1. Anybody know if there is a version for Windows XP x64 ?

    Justin Hawkes, Jun 10, 2005

  2. Justin Hawkes

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:00:27 +0100, "Justin Hawkes"
    <> wrote:

    >Anybody know if there is a version for Windows XP x64 ?

    From the Alcohol forum:

    Apr 28 2005, 08:34 PM
    Post #2

    Email/Forum Support
    Group Icon

    Group: Administration
    Joined: 19-August 02
    From: in the celler
    Member No.: 2

    Alcohol will actualy run on 64 bit Windows but without virtual drives,
    you would need to copy the files from Alcohol folder to the 64 bit
    system. We hope to have a solution for 64 bit installs shortly.

    Also virtual drives support will be available for 64 bit's in a near
    future.

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 10, 2005

  3. I found this in a PlanetADM64 thread:
    http://www.winimage.com/misc/filedisk64.htm

    http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t527.html

    Daemon Tools, WinISO, Alchohol 120% have all reported incompatible, they
    should be working on updates though.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 10, 2005
  4. Justin Hawkes

    John Barnes Guest

    If he wants what I want, Virtual Drives added to the system, WinImage only
    creates the pseudo disks and will insert to an installed physical drive.
    I also want to be able to have my physical drives free for other things and
    have Run disks available via virtual drives so I don't have to do the old
    disk shuffle each time I run a rarely run program. I'm not all that
    organised and takes time to find them let alone swap disks

    John Barnes, Jun 11, 2005
  5. Well, the best thing then is to just wait until they have updated their apps
    to support Virtual Drives.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 11, 2005