    each time I'm knocked out means I have to reboot. Could the BT line
    quality be to blame, or is a software conflict more likely? Any
    comments much appreciated!
    Andy Archard, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Andy Archard

    tim Guest

    "Andy Archard" <> wrote in message
    news:btkhgi$lu7$...
    > Any ideas, anyone? I have Win ME, and a BT Openworld broadband
    > connection with Alcatel Speedtouch. Hve had system over 2 years, but
    > recently the conection can get knocked out. No obvious pattern, can go
    > days with no probs, but at its worst I can be knocked offline every 5
    > minutes. Reconnect will not work - error message says "no dialtone", so
    > each time I'm knocked out means I have to reboot. Could the BT line
    > quality be to blame, or is a software conflict more likely? Any
    > comments much appreciated!

    Have you checked the service statue recently.

    Pass few days, they were experience some techinical problems. I had the same
    problem today right up to 5 hours ago where everything was as normal.
    tim, Jan 8, 2004

  3. "Andy Archard" <> wrote in message
    > Any ideas, anyone? I have Win ME, and a BT Openworld broadband
    > connection with Alcatel Speedtouch.

    Have you updated the software from the Thompson (Alcatel) Speedtouch
    website....there are at least two updated versions, v. 1.6 and v.2.01.

    Colin Meredith.
    Colin Meredith, Jan 24, 2004