Alcatel Speed Touch Pro port mapping

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by madknoxie, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. madknoxie

    madknoxie Guest

    With my Alcatel Speed Touch Pro, I'm trying to map port 80 on my router
    to another machine on my network with a webserver listening on port 80.
    So I telnet in to my router and try to map it but get the following
    response:

    =>nat
    [nat]=>create
    protocol = tcp
    inside_addr = 10.0.0.5
    [inside_port] = 80
    outside_addr = 0
    [outside_port] = 80
    Failed to create static NAT entry.

    Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? There has to be at least one
    other person here who has successfully mapped port 80 on their speed
    touch pro, right?

    Thanks.

    --
    madknoxie
    Permanent Members, UN Security Council: USA, UK, France, China, Russia

    madknoxie, Jan 18, 2004

  2. madknoxie

    EMB Guest

    "madknoxie" <> wrote in message
    > =>nat
    > [nat]=>create
    > protocol = tcp
    > inside_addr = 10.0.0.5 <------- is this ip of the

    machine on your network?? It should be.

    > [inside_port] = 80
    > outside_addr = 0 <---------- this should be the

    ip the outside world is trying to access

    > [outside_port] = 80
    > Failed to create static NAT entry.

    EMB

    EMB, Jan 18, 2004

  3. madknoxie

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <bueivk$nu0$>, "EMB" <> wrote:

    > "madknoxie" <> wrote in message
    > > =>nat
    > > [nat]=>create
    > > protocol = tcp
    > > inside_addr = 10.0.0.5 <------- is this ip of the

    > machine on your network?? It should be.

    Yep, it is.

    > > [inside_port] = 80
    > > outside_addr = 0 <---------- this should be the

    > ip the outside world is trying to access

    Is there anyway to get around that, seeing that the IP address will
    change every time the router re-connects? Thanks for your help.

    madknoxie, Jan 18, 2004
  4. madknoxie

    EMB Guest

    "madknoxie" <> wrote in message
    > Is there anyway to get around that, seeing that the IP address will
    > change every time the router re-connects? Thanks for your help.

    Sorry I was wrong - with static ip you can leave the external ip as 0

    There's some info on this here
    http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/howtos/Alcatel/alcatelpinholing.html

    EMB

    EMB, Jan 18, 2004
  5. madknoxie

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <buf1r1$1u2$>, "EMB" <> wrote:

    > "madknoxie" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there anyway to get around that, seeing that the IP address will
    > > change every time the router re-connects? Thanks for your help.
    > >

    > Sorry I was wrong - with static ip you can leave the external ip as 0
    >
    > There's some info on this here
    > http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/howtos/Alcatel/alcatelpinholing.html

    Thanks for that, its working now. I used the 'list' command and it
    appears that port 80 was already mapped, only to a different IP address
    than the one I wanted. So long story cut short, delete old map, create
    new one. Seems to be working fine.

    As a side issue, I installed one of the DynDNS clients and it works ok,
    only it updates DynDNS with my local IP address instead of the router's
    IP addy. Is there any easy way to deal with that? Is this a common
    problem?

    madknoxie, Jan 19, 2004