    current and any new restrictions. Let us all hope it doesn't come to
    this.

    http://www.nist.org/news.php?extend.162
    NIST.org, Aug 14, 2006

  2. NIST.org

    Jim Watt Guest

    On 14 Aug 2006 02:41:07 -0700, "NIST.org" <>
    wrote:

    >Laptops, PDA's, even iPods are banned on international flights leaving
    >England.

    I think I'll give the place a miss for the time being.

    I''ve seen enough laptops wrecked and stolen from checked in
    baggage, and the carrier disclaims liability that my nice Sony TX
    is not going in the hold. In any event its needed for inflight
    entertainment.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Aug 14, 2006

  3. NIST.org

    Jon Guest

    NIST.org wrote:
    > Laptops, PDA's, even iPods are banned on international flights leaving
    > England. It has been known since at least 1995 that these devices pose
    > a threat to commercial airliners when used by terrorists. In an
    > in-depth article we explain the threat that portable electronic devices
    > pose and conclude with a list of tips that can help you survive the
    > current and any new restrictions. Let us all hope it doesn't come to
    > this.
    >
    > http://www.nist.org/news.php?extend.162

    Just wait, air travel will soon be au naturel. And people will quietly
    comply.

    Jon
    Jon, Aug 16, 2006