  1. Doug

    Doug Guest

    How fast does the cheetah run?

    Doug, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Doug

    Budweiser Guest

    short distance---up to 60mph

    "Doug" <> wrote in message
    news:pGEpb.7565$P%...
    > How fast does the cheetah run?

    Budweiser, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Doug

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Nov 4, 2003
  4. Doug

    Harrison Guest

    Up to 70 mph.

    Harrison, Nov 4, 2003
  5. Doug

    Billh Guest

    Billh, Nov 4, 2003
  6. Doug

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Doug wrote:
    > How fast does the cheetah run?

    On the subject of Airplanes, I've often wondered what ailerons move when a
    Pilot calls* rotote * and pulls back on the controls?
    With the sudden aircraft takeoff I would've thought that the movement would
    have to be dramatic, but I've never been able to observe it.

    TRADESMAN, Nov 4, 2003
  7. On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:10:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by TRADESMAN in message

    > Doug wrote:
    >> How fast does the cheetah run?

    > On the subject of Airplanes, I've often wondered what ailerons move when
    > a Pilot calls* rotote * and pulls back on the controls?
    > With the sudden aircraft takeoff I would've thought that the movement
    > would have to be dramatic, but I've never been able to observe it.

    I think you're confusing ailerons with elevators. See here:

    http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation/14014/css/14014_81.htm

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2280

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 4, 2003
  8. Doug

    TRADESMAN Guest

    The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:10:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    > boggled at the following statement by TRADESMAN in message
    >

    >> Doug wrote:
    >>> How fast does the cheetah run?

    >> On the subject of Airplanes, I've often wondered what ailerons move
    >> when a Pilot calls* rotote * and pulls back on the controls?
    >> With the sudden aircraft takeoff I would've thought that the
    >> movement would have to be dramatic, but I've never been able to
    >> observe it.
    >>

    > I think you're confusing ailerons with elevators. See here:
    >
    > http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation/14014/css/14014_81.htm

    Thanks for the info. I did mean elevators but couldn't think of their
    correct name. At least I now know *how* I'm flying , if not *why*!

    TRADESMAN, Nov 4, 2003
  9. Doug

    olfart Guest

    "TRADESMAN" <> wrote in message

    > The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > > On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:10:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    > > boggled at the following statement by TRADESMAN in message

    > >> On the subject of Airplanes, I've often wondered what ailerons move
    > >> when a Pilot calls* rotote * and pulls back on the controls?
    > >> With the sudden aircraft takeoff I would've thought that the
    > >> movement would have to be dramatic, but I've never been able to
    > >> observe it.
    > >>

    > > I think you're confusing ailerons with elevators. See here:
    > >
    > > http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation/14014/css/14014_81.htm

    > Thanks for the info. I did mean elevators but couldn't think of their
    > correct name. At least I now know *how* I'm flying , if not *why*!

    "Rotate" means the aircraft has reached the required speed for takeoff.

    olfart, Nov 4, 2003
  10. Doug

    Patrick Guest

    olfart wrote:
    > "TRADESMAN" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:10:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    >>> boggled at the following statement by TRADESMAN in message

    >>> I think you're confusing ailerons with elevators. See here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation/14014/css/14014_81.htm

    >> Thanks for the info. I did mean elevators but couldn't think of their
    >> correct name. At least I now know *how* I'm flying , if not *why*!
    >>

    > "Rotate" means the aircraft has reached the required speed for
    > takeoff.

    And thiere was me, thinking that it meant; 'time to recline your seat' :)

    Patrick, Nov 4, 2003
  11. On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 15:48:32 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by olfart in message news:bo8hp4$1ajpbf$1@ID-
    34582.news.uni-berlin.de

    > "TRADESMAN" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >> > On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:10:24 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    >> > boggled at the following statement by TRADESMAN in message

    >> > I think you're confusing ailerons with elevators. See here:
    >> >
    >> > http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation/14014/css/14014_81.htm

    >> Thanks for the info. I did mean elevators but couldn't think of their
    >> correct name. At least I now know *how* I'm flying , if not *why*!
    >>

    > "Rotate" means the aircraft has reached the required speed for takeoff.

    Actually, IIRC, "rotate" means to rotate off the runway (take off), VR is
    rotation speed, V1 is "decision speed", the speed at which you have to decide
    whether to take off or abort, and V2 is take-off safety speed, the minimum
    speed necessary for take-off.

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 4, 2003