Aironet AP1220B-E-K9

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Biffa Bacon, May 13, 2005.

  1. Biffa Bacon

    Biffa Bacon Guest

    Catman" <catman@rustcuore-> wrote in message
    > Biffa @ Work wrote:
    >> "Catman" <catman@rustcuore-> wrote in message

    >> WAP's
    >>> 1) Plug the Cisco into your laptop or desktop PC direct.
    >>> 2) Use the CIsco app to get to the WAP. Set it for DHCP or give it

    >> (better
    >>> IMO) a static IP address on the correct range.
    >>> 3) Plug it back into the Linksys. All should be well
    >>> *Unless* it needs to be plugged into an uplink port / needs a crossover
    >>> cable. That would be the case if 1 and 2 work, but three still fails.
    >>> HTH

    >> Thanks Catman.
    >> Now you'd have thought I would have tried that first wouldn't you .....
    >> [slaps forehead]
    >> I'll give that a go when I get home tonight.
    >> I noticed there is a config port that takes an RJ socket, I shouldn't
    >> have
    >> to have it plugged into that should I ?

    > I would doubt it. It's probably a serial type, or possibly crossed over
    > port. I'd stick with the 'normal' one first.
    > Shout if you're still having trouble tonight

    Hi Catman & Statto - Thanks for your help on this one.

    Got home tonight and have tried the following.

    1. Plugged AP into laptop, booted, ran IPSU, entered MAC - ISPU Device does
    not answer.
    2. Plugged AP into PC, booted, ran IPSU, entered MAC - ISPU Device does not
    answer.
    3. Unplugged Power to AP, hold mode button, plug power back in - repeated 1
    and 2 above - ISPU Device does not answer.
    4. Tried with crossover cable between PC/Laptop and AP - IPSU Device does
    not answer.

    I think I may have a wan**red bit of kit - even though its brand new ?

    Perhaps thats why I was given it !!

    --
    Cheerz - Brownz
    http://www.brownz.org/
    Biffa Bacon, May 13, 2005

  2. Hi,

    Try connecting to the aironet using a rs232 serial roll-over cable to the
    console port. Setup the ethernet interface to use fixed speed / duplex
    settings, configure an ip address on interface bvi1, make sure the device
    doesn't do MDI-X autosensing, figure out if you're using IPSU with the
    Ethernet MAC address, not the Wireless MAC addresses.
    See Cisco.com for configuration samples.

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, May 15, 2005