    have coverage at least as good as a $50 Linksys router (which happens to
    work a good 200 feet from my home). I'm totally new to the cisco world so
    no suggestion is too obvious. Thanks for any suggestions.

    Curt, May 12, 2006

  2. Curt

    BG Guest

    try changing channels

    BG, May 12, 2006

  3. Curt

    Curt Guest

    That helps a little. I can get an extra 25 feet or so before it drops off
    so I can at least get around my yard. Still, the coverage isn't what I
    would expect from a $500 piece of equipment. I can't help but think I must
    have something misconfigured. I'm testing this out for a beach-side condo
    installation (lots of concrete and glass), so if the range is this short in
    my stick built home, I think it's safe to assume it will be worse in the
    condo. Thanks for your help and time.

    Curt, May 12, 2006
  4. Curt

    BG Guest

    post your config, perhaps you have only the highest data rates allowed?

    barry

    BG, May 15, 2006
  5. Curt

    Curt Guest

    BG, I'm not sure how to obtain the configuration, however the CLI command
    "show configuration" sounded promising so here goes. If that not the right
    command, let me know what is and I'll gladly post the results.

    ap#show configuration
    Using 1569 out of 32768 bytes
    !
    version 12.3
    no service pad
    service timestamps debug datetime msec
    service timestamps log datetime msec
    service password-encryption
    !
    hostname ap
    !
    enable secret 5 $1$t.hj$.s4dDYrSJX7k20tYXPEvf/
    !
    username Cisco password 7 096F471A1A0A
    ip subnet-zero
    !
    !
    no aaa new-model
    !
    dot11 ssid CiscoAP1
    authentication open
    infrastructure-ssid optional
    !
    !
    !
    !
    bridge irb
    !
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0
    no ip address
    no ip route-cache
    !
    encryption key 1 size 128bit 7 16B9CE23F2A7BF3A6FD10A3EC0C5 transmit-key
    encryption mode wep mandatory
    !
    ssid CiscoAP1
    !
    short-slot-time
    cca 75
    concatenation
    speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 6.0 9.0 basic-11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0
    48.0
    54.0
    station-role non-root wireless-clients
    infrastructure-client