Aironet 1200 sntp sync problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Caroline, Nov 5, 2006.

  1. Caroline

    Caroline Guest

    Hi experts, my 1200 AP doesn't want to sync to
    the sntp timeserver. What can be the problem ?
    This is a part of the config:

    !
    sntp logging
    sntp server 194.109.22.18
    end

    and:
    aironet1200#sh sntp
    SNTP server Stratum Version Last Receive
    194.109.22.18 16 1 never

    aironet1200#sh clock detail
    20:39:39.236 UTC Sun Nov 5 2006
    Time source is user configuration
    Summer time starts 02:00:00 UTC Sun Mar 25 2007
    Summer time ends 03:00:00 UTC Sun Oct 28 2007

    Anybody has any ideas ? Thanks, Caroline
    Caroline, Nov 5, 2006

  2. Caroline

    Brian V Guest

    "Caroline" <> wrote in message
    > Hi experts, my 1200 AP doesn't want to sync to
    > the sntp timeserver. What can be the problem ?
    > This is a part of the config:
    >
    > !
    > sntp logging
    > sntp server 194.109.22.18
    > end
    >
    > and:
    > aironet1200#sh sntp
    > SNTP server Stratum Version Last Receive
    > 194.109.22.18 16 1 never
    >
    > aironet1200#sh clock detail
    > 20:39:39.236 UTC Sun Nov 5 2006
    > Time source is user configuration
    > Summer time starts 02:00:00 UTC Sun Mar 25 2007
    > Summer time ends 03:00:00 UTC Sun Oct 28 2007
    >
    > Anybody has any ideas ? Thanks, Caroline

    1, 194.109.22.18 does not appear to be a public NTP server, atleast it is
    not answering public requests. Thats not saying it is not, it could be
    password protected or locked down to only it's associated subnets.
    2, You should be using "show sntp status" to see the status.
    3, Don't forget to set your timezone and offset, you still have it using
    UTC.
    4, Try using a different server...192.43.244.18 is time.nist.gov and
    192.5.41.209 is ntp2.usno.navy.mil both are a couple favorites of
    mine...very reliable.
    Brian V, Nov 5, 2006

  3. Caroline

    Caroline Guest