    i tried defining a dhcp pool on the AP itself, this too did not work.

    anyone have any ideas?

    TIA

    John Smith, Jan 26, 2005

  2. could be the connecting switch, which puts DHCP packets in the native vlan,
    hence wrongly dhcp.
    try debugging on both AP and switch.

    Also the ip helper address MUST be the IP of the DHCP server.

    HTH
    Martin

    Martin Bilgrav, Jan 26, 2005

  3. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    thanks,
    your response about dhcp packets and native vlans was a good help...
    based on that, i found this link:
    http://tcpmag.com/qanda/article.asp?EditorialsID=267

    John Smith, Jan 26, 2005