Aironet 1130 can not be converted to autonomous

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by morales, Jan 29, 2009.

  1. morales

    morales Guest

    Hi:
    I have 5 Aironet 1130AG in LightWeight Mode and I am trying converting
    to autonomous mode. I do not have a cisco WLAN controller.

    I have tried the tftp server load image but the AP sent "Error
    reading"

    1- I tested the tftp and it´s working
    2- I renamed the file to c1230-k9w7-tar.default
    3- I press and hold the MODE button as the instruction in CISCO.com
    explain
    4- The messages indicate that can not read or load the file and skip
    to the Ligtweight flash image

    Does anyone know why is not taking the file from tftpserver
    Thanks for your help...and sorry for my English

    Roberto
    Mexico
    morales, Jan 29, 2009

  2. morales

    morales Guest

    I answer late because till today I can test te suggest, BUT
    Thank to Aron, It Works!!
    I had 2 weeks with this problem and in 5 minutes wa solve.

    Thank you very much.
    Roberto
    Mexico

    If you don't want to do that, you can load an autonomous IOS image on
    the 1310:
    1. Grab a -k9w7- aIOS image from CCO
    2. Put it on a TFTP server
    3. enter this magical hidden command from the console:
    ap#debug lwapp console cli
    this enables the forbidden IOS commands
    4. ap#archive download tftp://1.2.3.4/blah-k9w7-blah
    Hth,
    Aaron

    morales, Mar 25, 2009