    My intention is to get this going and then try the more complex stuff.
    I'm pretty familiar with IOS switches, but not on WAPs.

    Chris
    Chris Bartram, Nov 9, 2005

  2. Chris Bartram wrote:
    > Does anyone have a sample 'show run' config for an aironet 1100 (or
    > other IOS-based WAP) running in a very simple WPA-PSK configuration they
    > could post?

    ap1100# configure terminal
    ap1100(config)# configure interface dot11radio 0
    ap1100(config-if)# ssid bitbucket
    ap1100(config-ssid)# wpa-psk ascii mysecret
    ap1100(config-ssid)# end

    HTH,
    Alexander
    Alexander Apathy, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Chris Bartram wrote:
    > Does anyone have a sample 'show run' config for an aironet 1100 (or
    > other IOS-based WAP) running in a very simple WPA-PSK configuration they
    > could post?

    Relevant parts of my config:

    dot11 ssid bitbucket
    authentication open
    authentication key-management wpa
    wpa-psk ascii 0 mysecret

    interface dot11radio0
    encryption mode cipher tkip

    HTH,
    Alexander

    PS: See
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/...figuration_guide_chapter09186a0080184a87.html
    for more information on how to configure WPA-PSK.
    Alexander Apathy, Nov 10, 2005
  4. Alexander Apathy wrote:
    > Chris Bartram wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone have a sample 'show run' config for an aironet 1100 (or
    >> other IOS-based WAP) running in a very simple WPA-PSK configuration
    >> they could post?
    >>

    > Relevant parts of my config:
    >
    > dot11 ssid bitbucket
    > authentication open
    > authentication key-management wpa
    > wpa-psk ascii 0 mysecret
    >
    > interface dot11radio0
    > encryption mode cipher tkip
    >
    > HTH,
    > Alexander
    >
    > PS: See
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/...figuration_guide_chapter09186a0080184a87.html
    > for more information on how to configure WPA-PSK.

    Hi Alexander,

    I'd got most of it, and found what i was missing in the manual after a
    bit of a hunt- it was "authentication key-management wpa".

    Thanks for the help.

    Chris
    Chris Bartram, Nov 10, 2005