    Is aioe not working today? 25 March.

    I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Mar 25, 2007

  2. geopelia

    GraB Guest

    On 25 Mar 2007 04:56:10 -0700, "geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >Is aioe not working today? 25 March.
    >
    >I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"
    >
    >Geopelia

    The webpage times out.
    GraB, Mar 25, 2007

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    On Mar 26, 1:48 am, GraB <> wrote:
    > On 25 Mar 2007 04:56:10 -0700, "geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Is aioe not working today? 25 March.

    > >I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"

    > >Geopelia

    > The webpage times out.

    I'm not sure what you mean, but I can't connect to aioe at all this
    morning.
    geopelia, Mar 25, 2007
  4. geopelia

    GraB Guest

    On 25 Mar 2007 14:33:11 -0700, "geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >On Mar 26, 1:48 am, GraB <> wrote:
    >> On 25 Mar 2007 04:56:10 -0700, "geopelia" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Is aioe not working today? 25 March.

    >> >I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"

    >> >Geopelia

    >> The webpage times out.

    >I'm not sure what you mean, but I can't connect to aioe at all this
    >morning.

    It means I tried to connect to the http://news.aioe.org/ website but
    the browser fails to make a connection. Just trying again, 3.20pm,
    still the same result:

    The connection has timed out

    The server at news.aioe.org is taking too long to respond.

    * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again
    in a few moments.

    * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

    * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
    make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
    GraB, Mar 26, 2007
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    On Mar 26, 3:24 pm, GraB <> wrote:
    > On 25 Mar 2007 14:33:11 -0700, "geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Mar 26, 1:48 am, GraB <> wrote:

    > >> The webpage times out.

    > >I'm not sure what you mean, but I can't connect to aioe at all this
    > >morning.

    > It means I tried to connect to thehttp://news.aioe.org/website but
    > the browser fails to make a connection. Just trying again, 3.20pm,
    > still the same result:
    >
    > The connection has timed out
    >
    > The server at news.aioe.org is taking too long to respond.
    >
    > * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again
    > in a few moments.
    >
    > * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    > connection.
    >
    > * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
    > make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

    Thank you.

    I wondered if everyone was getting the same message, or just me.
    I can get Google.

    I don't think it is my virus program (Trendmicro) as it has always
    worked before.

    aioe does a good job most of the time.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Mar 26, 2007
  6. In article <>,
    says...

    > Thank you.
    >
    > I wondered if everyone was getting the same message, or just me.
    > I can get Google.
    >
    > I don't think it is my virus program (Trendmicro) as it has always
    > worked before.
    >
    > aioe does a good job most of the time.
    >
    > Geopelia

    Well it sounds like his computer is broken, or his network connection has gone
    down... try again every day or so.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Mar 26, 2007
  7. geopelia

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    > Is aioe not working today? 25 March.
    >
    > I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"
    >
    > Geopelia

    Could be out for days, weeks, or even out for good.

    Xtra went from 3 services down to 2 services months ago.
    You've had all that time to find a better ISP that doesn't lose emails and
    provides 3 services.

    If you plan on living for a few more years at least hopefully, then make the
    most of it by joining a decent ISP that offers all 3 services instead of
    just 2 for the highest monthly fees around.

    As a little back up outfit aioe is fine if it keeps on starting and
    stopping, but can't match a steady reliable service that a decent NZ ISP can
    provide.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Mar 26, 2007
  8. geopelia

    Earl Grey Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >> Is aioe not working today? 25 March.
    >>
    >> I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    > Could be out for days, weeks, or even out for good.
    >
    > Xtra went from 3 services down to 2 services months ago.
    > You've had all that time to find a better ISP that doesn't lose emails and
    > provides 3 services.
    >
    > If you plan on living for a few more years at least hopefully,

    What a patronising wanker this Scrooge c*nt is !
    Earl Grey, Mar 26, 2007
  9. geopelia

    Crash Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >> Is aioe not working today? 25 March.
    >>
    >> I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    > Could be out for days, weeks, or even out for good.
    >
    > Xtra went from 3 services down to 2 services months ago.
    > You've had all that time to find a better ISP that doesn't lose emails and
    > provides 3 services.
    >
    > If you plan on living for a few more years at least hopefully, then make the
    > most of it by joining a decent ISP that offers all 3 services instead of
    > just 2 for the highest monthly fees around.
    >
    > As a little back up outfit aioe is fine if it keeps on starting and
    > stopping, but can't match a steady reliable service that a decent NZ ISP can
    > provide.

    Geopelia has been told all this many times but chooses to continue to use Xtra,
    Google groups and the aoie server. Surely you must have noticed this in the past?

    Off-topic posts like this are as bad as religious OS wars breaking out when
    someone asks a simple OS-related question.

    Crash.
    Crash, Mar 26, 2007
  10. geopelia

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Crash" <> wrote in message
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >> "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>> Is aioe not working today? 25 March.
    >>>
    >>> I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"
    >>>
    >>> Geopelia

    >> Could be out for days, weeks, or even out for good.
    >>
    >> Xtra went from 3 services down to 2 services months ago.
    >> You've had all that time to find a better ISP that doesn't lose emails
    >> and provides 3 services.
    >>
    >> If you plan on living for a few more years at least hopefully, then make
    >> the most of it by joining a decent ISP that offers all 3 services instead
    >> of just 2 for the highest monthly fees around.
    >>
    >> As a little back up outfit aioe is fine if it keeps on starting and
    >> stopping, but can't match a steady reliable service that a decent NZ ISP
    >> can provide.

    > Geopelia has been told all this many times but chooses to continue to use
    > Xtra, Google groups and the aoie server. Surely you must have noticed
    > this in the past?
    >
    > Off-topic posts like this are as bad as religious OS wars breaking out
    > when someone asks a simple OS-related question.
    >
    > Crash.

    Very true.
    Yet when the solution is a very simple one, then why not take that solution
    when it offers far more for less fees?

    It's hardly off topic when the person is without a newsgroup service, and
    obviously enjoys having a newsgroup service.

    Why exactly should one pay more when they're only getting 2 out of the 3
    main services that they choose to use most likely fairly equally?

    Using a mickey mouse news service is hardly a solution when the service is
    needed almost every day.

    Changing ISPs is no big deal and those of us who have changed ISPs have
    often done so for the better.

    There's nothing to be surprised about over aioe going down for a while, it's
    hardly the first time that it's ever happened. Only surprising thing is
    that the free service has lasted as long as it has. It may well be back in
    a week or 2 if it's just a tempt problem or it could be gone for good.
    Either way it's hardly a service that one should rely on as their one and
    only newsgroup service.

    At least there are very real solutions, and waving magic wand around
    claiming that aioe will be running againg in 5 minutes time isn't one of
    those real long term solutions.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Mar 26, 2007
  11. geopelia

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Earl Grey" <> wrote in message news:460794c1$...
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >> "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>> Is aioe not working today? 25 March.
    >>>
    >>> I keep getting message "Can't connect to server"
    >>>
    >>> Geopelia

    >> Could be out for days, weeks, or even out for good.
    >>
    >> Xtra went from 3 services down to 2 services months ago.
    >> You've had all that time to find a better ISP that doesn't lose emails
    >> and provides 3 services.
    >>
    >> If you plan on living for a few more years at least hopefully,

    > What a patronising wanker this Scrooge c*nt is !

    A fat lot of fucking help you are.
    Or did you expect that crap to be the magic words to get aioe half way round
    the planet up and running again.
    LOL

    My advice is a cheap long term solution to the problem. Changing ISPs is a
    good solution that some here are well used to and of course usually for the
    better.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Mar 26, 2007
  12. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    On Mar 26, 11:35 pm, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)>
    wrote:
    > "Crash" <> wrote in message

    > > E. Scrooge wrote:
    > >> "geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > >> Could be out for days, weeks, or even out for good.

    > >> Xtra went from 3 services down to 2 services months ago.
    > >> You've had all that time to find a better ISP that doesn't lose emails
    > >> and provides 3 services.

    > >> If you plan on living for a few more years at least hopefully, then make
    > >> the most of it by joining a decent ISP that offers all 3 services instead
    > >> of just 2 for the highest monthly fees around.

    > >> As a little back up outfit aioe is fine if it keeps on starting and
    > >> stopping, but can't match a steady reliable service that a decent NZ ISP
    > >> can provide.

    > > Geopelia has been told all this many times but chooses to continue to use
    > > Xtra, Google groups and the aoie server. Surely you must have noticed
    > > this in the past?

    > > Off-topic posts like this are as bad as religious OS wars breaking out
    > > when someone asks a simple OS-related question.

    > > Crash.

    > Very true.
    > Yet when the solution is a very simple one, then why not take that solution
    > when it offers far more for less fees?
    >
    > It's hardly off topic when the person is without a newsgroup service, and
    > obviously enjoys having a newsgroup service.
    >
    > Why exactly should one pay more when they're only getting 2 out of the 3
    > main services that they choose to use most likely fairly equally?
    >
    > Using a mickey mouse news service is hardly a solution when the service is
    > needed almost every day.
    >
    > Changing ISPs is no big deal and those of us who have changed ISPs have
    > often done so for the better.
    >
    > There's nothing to be surprised about over aioe going down for a while, it's
    > hardly the first time that it's ever happened. Only surprising thing is
    > that the free service has lasted as long as it has. It may well be back in
    > a week or 2 if it's just a tempt problem or it could be gone for good.
    > Either way it's hardly a service that one should rely on as their one and
    > only newsgroup service.
    >
    > At least there are very real solutions, and waving magic wand around
    > claiming that aioe will be running againg in 5 minutes time isn't one of
    > those real long term solutions.
    >
    > E. Scrooge- Hide quoted text -

    Hi Scrooge, I've got all the mesages saved about other ISPs from the
    last time aioe wasn't working, and may have to make a change if aioe
    doesn't come back. I just wanted to know if it was my computer, or a
    problem everyone is having.
    I'll give it a few more days.

    It's convenient having just the one bill from Telecom.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Mar 26, 2007
  13. geopelia

    Richard Guest

    geopelia wrote:

    > Hi Scrooge, I've got all the mesages saved about other ISPs from the
    > last time aioe wasn't working, and may have to make a change if aioe
    > doesn't come back. I just wanted to know if it was my computer, or a
    > problem everyone is having.
    > I'll give it a few more days.
    >
    > It's convenient having just the one bill from Telecom.

    If having more bills is a big concern then change to ihug, they can
    wholesale you a telecom line for about the same price and do your internet.

    just dont ask for interleaving to be turned off, they would rather lose
    a customer then do that.
    Richard, Mar 26, 2007
  14. geopelia

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 26, 11:35 pm, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)>
    > wrote:
    >> "Crash" <> wrote in message

    >> > Geopelia has been told all this many times but chooses to continue to
    >> > use
    >> > Xtra, Google groups and the aoie server. Surely you must have noticed
    >> > this in the past?

    >> > Off-topic posts like this are as bad as religious OS wars breaking out
    >> > when someone asks a simple OS-related question.

    >> > Crash.

    >> Very true.
    >> Yet when the solution is a very simple one, then why not take that
    >> solution
    >> when it offers far more for less fees?
    >>
    >> It's hardly off topic when the person is without a newsgroup service, and
    >> obviously enjoys having a newsgroup service.
    >>
    >> Why exactly should one pay more when they're only getting 2 out of the 3
    >> main services that they choose to use most likely fairly equally?
    >>
    >> Using a mickey mouse news service is hardly a solution when the service
    >> is
    >> needed almost every day.
    >>
    >> Changing ISPs is no big deal and those of us who have changed ISPs have
    >> often done so for the better.
    >>
    >> There's nothing to be surprised about over aioe going down for a while,
    >> it's
    >> hardly the first time that it's ever happened. Only surprising thing is
    >> that the free service has lasted as long as it has. It may well be back
    >> in
    >> a week or 2 if it's just a tempt problem or it could be gone for good.
    >> Either way it's hardly a service that one should rely on as their one and
    >> only newsgroup service.
    >>
    >> At least there are very real solutions, and waving magic wand around
    >> claiming that aioe will be running againg in 5 minutes time isn't one of
    >> those real long term solutions.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge- Hide quoted text -

    > Hi Scrooge, I've got all the mesages saved about other ISPs from the
    > last time aioe wasn't working, and may have to make a change if aioe
    > doesn't come back. I just wanted to know if it was my computer, or a
    > problem everyone is having.
    > I'll give it a few more days.
    >
    > It's convenient having just the one bill from Telecom.
    >
    > Geopelia

    You'd have to have made big changes to your settings to suspect your PC was
    at fault.
    The one bill from Telecom will still have telecharges and then Xtra charges
    on it. Still broken down to seperate charges.

    Dial up is a constant set charge with whoever you join. I have Slingshot on
    direct debit, only thing that's sent out is an email every 4 months to say
    that the quarterly $50 fee will be taken on such and such a date. For years
    when I was with ihug I was on Direct Debit right from the start and their
    fees were monthly. No problems when cancelling the ihug account after
    already using Slingshot for quite long time to see how it would go. The
    quarterly deductions will show up on your bank statement on the months that
    the deductions are made.

    I know someone who gets most bills on direct debit, but power bills can be
    suspect if every second one is an estimate, and phone bills could have extra
    surprises. Steady fixed bills on direct debit like dial up internet and SKY
    TV shouldn't be a problem.

    When changing you join and get the new ISP setup first, then when it's going
    well you can cancel Xtra. Until Xtra is cancelled it will still work as
    well. You make the new ISP the default one, but can still select Xtra when
    about to dial out if you need to use Xtra for some reason before you cancel
    it.

    Since you use 3 services online, paying for 2 from Xtra is hardly good
    value, especially when you have to rely on flakey newsgroup services from
    overseas as your main newsgroup service.

    Having reliable NZ services will cause you less frustrations. And even
    having another bill doesn't mean you will be paying more than you already
    are once you cancel Xtra, you'll end up paying a bit less and have the
    internet available all the time whenever you want to use it. At quarter to
    11:00PM you won't have to wait any more, just connect any time that suits
    you to.

    If aioe comes back it might take a week or 2. A free service like that is
    always going to be under pressure.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Mar 26, 2007
  15. geopelia

    Earl Grey Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "Earl Grey" <> wrote in message news:460794c1$...
    >> E. Scrooge wrote:
    >>> "geopelia" <> wrote in message

    >>> Could be out for days, weeks, or even out for good.
    >>>
    >>> Xtra went from 3 services down to 2 services months ago.
    >>> You've had all that time to find a better ISP that doesn't lose emails
    >>> and provides 3 services.
    >>>
    >>> If you plan on living for a few more years at least hopefully,

    >> What a patronising wanker this Scrooge c*nt is !

    > A fat lot of fucking help you are.
    > Or did you expect that crap to be the magic words to get aioe half way round
    > the planet up and running again.
    > LOL
    >
    > My advice is a cheap long term solution to the problem. Changing ISPs is a
    > good solution that some here are well used to and of course usually for the
    > better.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    "If you plan on living a few more years at least hopefully"

    I hope you get treated like that when you get to her age.
    Earl Grey, Mar 26, 2007
  16. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    On Mar 27, 6:54 am, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:
> [...]

    > well. You make the new ISP the default one, but can still select Xtra when
    > about to dial out if you need to use Xtra for some reason before you cancel
    > it.
    >
    > Since you use 3 services online, paying for 2 from Xtra is hardly good
    > value, especially when you have to rely on flakey newsgroup services from
    > overseas as your main newsgroup service.
    >
    > Having reliable NZ services will cause you less frustrations. And even
    > having another bill doesn't mean you will be paying more than you already
    > are once you cancel Xtra, you'll end up paying a bit less and have the
    > internet available all the time whenever you want to use it. At quarter to
    > 11:00PM you won't have to wait any more, just connect any time that suits
    > you to.
    >
    > If aioe comes back it might take a week or 2. A free service like that is

    Thank you Scrooge.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Mar 26, 2007
  17. geopelia

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    >> when
    >> about to dial out if you need to use Xtra for some reason before you
    >> cancel
    >> it.
    >>
    >> Since you use 3 services online, paying for 2 from Xtra is hardly good
    >> value, especially when you have to rely on flakey newsgroup services from
    >> overseas as your main newsgroup service.
    >>
    >> Having reliable NZ services will cause you less frustrations. And even
    >> having another bill doesn't mean you will be paying more than you already
    >> are once you cancel Xtra, you'll end up paying a bit less and have the
    >> internet available all the time whenever you want to use it. At quarter
    >> 11:00PM you won't have to wait any more, just connect any time that suits
    >> you to.
    >>
    >> If aioe comes back it might take a week or 2. A free service like that

    It might seem like a big change moving from an ISP that you've had for
    years, but you'll soon be glad and wished you had changed sooner, if you do
    decide to change.
    Having a reliable ISP with it's own newsgroup service will be a big
    advantage for you just as it is for most others in the newsgroups. You'll
    find very few people in the newsgroups still using Xtra compared to the
    number of people using other ISPs.
    Don't forget that it was ihug who lead the way for flat rate nationwide
    Internet, not Xtra as Xtra were among the last some years later to change
    their plans over to flat rate.

    Keep your phone with Telecom, the little extra cost of dial up on another
    ISP is still going to be a bit cheaper than Xtra.
    I've always used Telecom for the phone. I know someone who changed from
    Telecom to Telstra/Clear just over a year ago. That was all thanks to a
    damn liar of an Indian at Telecom when the guy wanted to change his landline
    from a pay per call plan to the flat rate local calling that most people are
    on. The liar told him Telecom were dropping the flat rate calling plan so
    his plan of pay per call couldn't be change. I told him to ring back as he
    could get someone else or just ask for the manager. Since he had a toll
    call plan with Clear he got his Telephone changed over to Telstra/Clear on a
    flat rate. Biggest mistake he ever did. 3 times they over charged him by
    changing his plan to another higher charge one without him knowing until the
    bills came. They offered to credit him the last 2 times but it never
    happened. Now he's changed back to Telecom and dumped Clear for Toll calls
    as well, as Telecom offer a flat rate of local toll calls to one area for
    just $5 a month.
    That all started when he got his first PC and of course needed to change to
    flat rate calling plan for it. I set him up with Kiwi On Line as he doesn't
    use newsgroups so it does all that he needs it for even though the service
    is nothing great.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Mar 27, 2007
  18. geopelia

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Earl Grey" <> wrote in message news:460836c0$...
    > E. Scrooge wrote:

    >>> What a patronising wanker this Scrooge c*nt is !

    >> A fat lot of fucking help you are.
    >> Or did you expect that crap to be the magic words to get aioe half way
    >> round the planet up and running again.
    >> LOL
    >>
    >> My advice is a cheap long term solution to the problem. Changing ISPs is
    >> a good solution that some here are well used to and of course usually for
    >> the better.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge

    > "If you plan on living a few more years at least hopefully"
    >
    > I hope you get treated like that when you get to her age.

    Obviously it was proving a point that changing from Xtra would be worthwhile
    with more services and at a cheaper price.

    I've got a lot more time for Geopelia than I'll ever have for an idiot like
    you. Spending time with you is the same as spending time with the
    vegetables out in the garden.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Mar 27, 2007
  19. geopelia

    brazen Guest

    On Mar 27, 12:21 am, "geopelia" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 26, 11:35 pm, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > "Crash" <> wrote in message

    > > > Geopelia has been told all this many times but chooses to continue to use
    > > > Xtra, Google groups and the aoie server. Surely you must have noticed
    > > > this in the past?

    > > > Off-topic posts like this are as bad as religious OS wars breaking out
    > > > when someone asks a simple OS-related question.

    > > > Crash.

    > > Very true.
    > > Yet when the solution is a very simple one, then why not take that solution
    > > when it offers far more for less fees?

    > > It's hardly off topic when the person is without a newsgroup service, and
    > > obviously enjoys having a newsgroup service.

    > > Why exactly should one pay more when they're only getting 2 out of the 3
    > > main services that they choose to use most likely fairly equally?

    > > Using a mickey mouse news service is hardly a solution when the service is
    > > needed almost every day.

    > > Changing ISPs is no big deal and those of us who have changed ISPs have
    > > often done so for the better.

    > > There's nothing to be surprised about over aioe going down for a while, it's
    > > hardly the first time that it's ever happened. Only surprising thing is
    > > that the free service has lasted as long as it has. It may well be back in
    > > a week or 2 if it's just a tempt problem or it could be gone for good.
    > > Either way it's hardly a service that one should rely on as their one and
    > > only newsgroup service.

    > > At least there are very real solutions, and waving magic wand around
    > > claiming that aioe will be running againg in 5 minutes time isn't one of
    > > those real long term solutions.

    > > E. Scrooge- Hide quoted text -

    > Hi Scrooge, I've got all the mesages saved about other ISPs from the
    > last time aioe wasn't working, and may have to make a change if aioe
    > doesn't come back. I just wanted to know if it was my computer, or a
    > problem everyone is having.
    > I'll give it a few more days.
    >
    > It's convenient having just the one bill from Telecom.

    Mmm, my isp (not xtra) doesnt provide usenet either so we are in the
    same boat. I use Google groups. While not perfect its free.

    gay
    brazen, Mar 27, 2007
  20. geopelia

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "brazen" <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 27, 12:21 am, "geopelia" <> wrote:
    >> On Mar 26, 11:35 pm, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >> > "Crash" <> wrote in message

    >> > Very true.
    >> > Yet when the solution is a very simple one, then why not take that
    >> > solution
    >> > when it offers far more for less fees?

    >> > It's hardly off topic when the person is without a newsgroup service,
    >> > and
    >> > obviously enjoys having a newsgroup service.

    >> > Why exactly should one pay more when they're only getting 2 out of the
    >> > 3
    >> > main services that they choose to use most likely fairly equally?

    >> > Using a mickey mouse news service is hardly a solution when the service
    >> > is
    >> > needed almost every day.

    >> > Changing ISPs is no big deal and those of us who have changed ISPs have
    >> > often done so for the better.

    >> > There's nothing to be surprised about over aioe going down for a while,
    >> > it's
    >> > hardly the first time that it's ever happened. Only surprising thing
    >> > is
    >> > that the free service has lasted as long as it has. It may well be
    >> > back in
    >> > a week or 2 if it's just a tempt problem or it could be gone for good.
    >> > Either way it's hardly a service that one should rely on as their one
    >> > and
    >> > only newsgroup service.

    >> > At least there are very real solutions, and waving magic wand around
    >> > claiming that aioe will be running againg in 5 minutes time isn't one
    >> > of
    >> > those real long term solutions.

    >> > E. Scrooge- Hide quoted text -

    >> Hi Scrooge, I've got all the mesages saved about other ISPs from the
    >> last time aioe wasn't working, and may have to make a change if aioe
    >> doesn't come back. I just wanted to know if it was my computer, or a
    >> problem everyone is having.
    >> I'll give it a few more days.
    >>
    >> It's convenient having just the one bill from Telecom.
    >>

    > Mmm, my isp (not xtra) doesnt provide usenet either so we are in the
    > same boat. I use Google groups. While not perfect its free.
    >
    > gay

    Not the same as using a good POP3 news reader though. Plus Xtra costs
    enough as it is without the dumping of the newsgroup service a while back.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Mar 27, 2007