  1. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Is aioe having trouble again?
    geopelia, Oct 20, 2006

  2. geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is aioe having trouble again?

    It looks as though they have fixed it now.
    Geopelia, Oct 20, 2006

  3. geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >> Is aioe having trouble again?
    >>

    > It looks as though they have fixed it now.

    Now aioe does not send posts where there is more old text than new text.
    Why? I've had to snip several. Fair enough if it still makes sense, but
    often the older post is needed to show what we are talking about.

    I'm going back to Google until this changes back.
    Geopelia, Oct 21, 2006
  4. geopelia

    Blue Guest

    On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:14:37 +1300, Geopelia wrote:

    > Now aioe does not send posts where there is more old text than new text.
    > Why?

    To teach people how to.

    > I've had to snip several. Fair enough if it still makes sense, but
    > often the older post is needed to show what we are talking about.

    All of it?
    Blue, Oct 21, 2006
  5. geopelia

    jasen Guest

    On 2006-10-21, Geopelia <> wrote:

    > Now aioe does not send posts where there is more old text than new text.
    > Why? I've had to snip several. Fair enough if it still makes sense, but
    > often the older post is needed to show what we are talking about.
    >
    > I'm going back to Google until this changes back.

    if you must have more old than new just add a bunch of blank
    lines - that's what I do

    (I guess I should dig through the INN documentation and figure out how to turn that
    'feature' off, as I am theoretically in charge of this server...)

    I tried to connect to aioe buty had no joy:
    news.aioe.org is giving me

    enableoverview is not true
    503 NNTP server unavailable. Try later.

    when I try to connect.

    Bye.
    Jasen
    jasen, Oct 21, 2006
  6. geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Blue" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:14:37 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> Now aioe does not send posts where there is more old text than new text.
    >> Why?

    > To teach people how to.
    >
    >> I've had to snip several. Fair enough if it still makes sense, but
    >> often the older post is needed to show what we are talking about.

    > All of it?

    Quite a lot of it. Let's see if this will post, or if I need to snip it.
    Geopelia, Oct 21, 2006
  7. geopelia

    jasen Guest

    On 2006-10-21, Blue <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:14:37 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    > All of it?

    not all of it, but often more than the limit (like for this post).

    Bye.
    Jasen
    jasen, Oct 21, 2006
  8. geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "jasen" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-10-21, Geopelia <> wrote:
    >
    >> Now aioe does not send posts where there is more old text than new text.
    >> Why? I've had to snip several. Fair enough if it still makes sense, but
    >> often the older post is needed to show what we are talking about.
    >>
    >> I'm going back to Google until this changes back.

    > if you must have more old than new just add a bunch of blank
    > lines - that's what I do
    >
    > (I guess I should dig through the INN documentation and figure out how to
    > turn that
    > 'feature' off, as I am theoretically in charge of this server...)
    >

    > I tried to connect to aioe buty had no joy:
    > news.aioe.org is giving me
    >
    > enableoverview is not true
    > 503 NNTP server unavailable. Try later.
    >
    > when I try to connect.