AIOE News Server - Connection problems over last few days?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Alan, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Hi All,

    I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the weekend.

    Has anyone else had the same problem? I had no other connectivity
    problems in that time, so I am guessing their server was down?

    Not a biggie - I can live without you all for a few days, but I am
    just interested!

    Thanks,

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb
    Alan, Aug 3, 2006

  2. Alan

    Mike Dee Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in news:earejn$laf$:

    > I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the weekend.
    >
    > Has anyone else had the same problem?

    Yes, according to people in alt.free.newsservers there are problems
    with getting news from aioe.org over the past few days, the
    descriptions given are similar to yours.

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Aug 3, 2006

  3. Alan

    Alan Guest

    "Mike Dee" <> wrote in message
    > "Alan" <> wrote in news:earejn$laf$:
    >
    >> I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the
    >> weekend.
    >>
    >> Has anyone else had the same problem?

    > Yes, according to people in alt.free.newsservers there are problems
    > with getting news from aioe.org over the past few days, the
    > descriptions given are similar to yours.
    >
    > --
    > dee

    Thanks Mike,

    I will know to check that group in future (on google!)

    Regards,

    Alan, Aug 3, 2006
  4. Alan

    Sharktbbtfy Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message news:earejn$laf$...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the weekend.
    >
    > Has anyone else had the same problem? I had no other connectivity
    > problems in that time, so I am guessing their server was down?
    >
    > Not a biggie - I can live without you all for a few days, but I am just
    > interested!

    Yep, I had trouble too so have gone to reader.greatnowhere.com who so far
    are all good.

    --
    Sharktbbtfy
    Sharktbbtfy, Aug 3, 2006
  5. Alan

    Alan Guest

    "Sharktbbtfy" <> wrote in message

    > "Alan" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the
    >> weekend.
    >>
    >> Has anyone else had the same problem? I had no other connectivity
    >> problems in that time, so I am guessing their server was down?
    >>
    >> Not a biggie - I can live without you all for a few days, but I am
    >> just interested!

    > Yep, I had trouble too so have gone to reader.greatnowhere.com who
    > so far are all good.
    >

    > --
    > Sharktbbtfy

    If you remember, could you post back here with an update on that
    server's reliability in a week (say)?

    I would be interested to hear.

    Up to now, I have found AIOE to be quite reliable with only short
    outages ocassionally.

    Alan, Aug 3, 2006
  6. Alan

    Sharktbbtfy Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message news:eas62p$9d6$...

    > "Sharktbbtfy" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Alan" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the weekend.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone else had the same problem? I had no other connectivity
    >>> problems in that time, so I am guessing their server was down?
    >>>
    >>> Not a biggie - I can live without you all for a few days, but I am just
    >>> interested!

    >> Yep, I had trouble too so have gone to reader.greatnowhere.com who so far
    >> are all good.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Sharktbbtfy
    >>

    > If you remember, could you post back here with an update on that server's
    > reliability in a week (say)?
    >
    > I would be interested to hear.
    >
    > Up to now, I have found AIOE to be quite reliable with only short outages
    > ocassionally.

    no worries

    --
    Sharktbbtfy
    Sharktbbtfy, Aug 3, 2006
  7. Alan

    Sharktbbtfy Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in message news:eas62p$9d6$...

    > "Sharktbbtfy" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Alan" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> I have had no connectivity to the AIOE new server since the weekend.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone else had the same problem? I had no other connectivity
    >>> problems in that time, so I am guessing their server was down?
    >>>
    >>> Not a biggie - I can live without you all for a few days, but I am just
    >>> interested!

    >> Yep, I had trouble too so have gone to reader.greatnowhere.com who so far
    >> are all good.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Sharktbbtfy
    >>

    > If you remember, could you post back here with an update on that server's
    > reliability in a week (say)?

    Time's up!

    > I would be interested to hear.
    >
    > Up to now, I have found AIOE to be quite reliable with only short outages
    > ocassionally.

    This newsserver has been pretty good. The occasional slowdown and occasional
    'server cannot be found'. Just like Xtra, really!

    I'm off to slingshot soon but that's due to my Xtra protest for dropping the
    groups and they're cheaper albeit a bit slower.

    --
    Sharktbbtfy
    Sharktbbtfy, Aug 10, 2006