  1. Usually, I am forced to try and warn some of my contacts in AIM. But
    when I try, it come back as "Warning of <Screenname> is not allowed."
    Has anyone fixed/encountered this problem?

    Jack Underwood, Mar 25, 2005

  2. Jack Underwood wrote:
    > Usually, I am forced to try and warn some of my contacts in AIM. But
    > when I try, it come back as "Warning of <Screenname> is not allowed."
    > Has anyone fixed/encountered this problem?

    Warn them about what?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Jack Underwood

    SgtMinor Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > Jack Underwood wrote:
    >> Usually, I am forced to try and warn some of my contacts in AIM. But
    >> when I try, it come back as "Warning of <Screenname> is not allowed."
    >> Has anyone fixed/encountered this problem?

    > Warn them about what?

    About being idjits in using AIM, I'm guessing.

    SgtMinor, Mar 25, 2005
  4. Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Jack Underwood wrote:

    >> Usually, I am forced to try and warn some of my contacts in AIM. But
    >> when I try, it come back as "Warning of <Screenname> is not allowed."
    >> Has anyone fixed/encountered this problem?

    > Warn them about what?

    The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 25, 2005
  5. Jack Underwood

    WormWood Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Jack Underwood wrote:
    >> Usually, I am forced to try and warn some of my contacts in AIM. But
    >> when I try, it come back as "Warning of <Screenname> is not allowed."
    >> Has anyone fixed/encountered this problem?

    > Warn them about what?

    Repent! The end is near......

    WormWood, Mar 25, 2005
  6. WormWood wrote:
    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Jack Underwood wrote:
    >>
    >>>Usually, I am forced to try and warn some of my contacts in AIM. But
    >>>when I try, it come back as "Warning of <Screenname> is not allowed."
    >>>Has anyone fixed/encountered this problem?

    >>Warn them about what?

    > Repent! The end is near......

    If you're all done, can you leave this thread so I can get a decent
    reply? Thanks.

    Jack Underwood, Mar 25, 2005
  7. Jack Underwood

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Jack Underwood" <> wrote in message
    > WormWood wrote:
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>>Warn them about what?

    >> Repent! The end is near......

    > If you're all done, can you leave this thread so I can get a decent reply?
    > Thanks.

    Why don't you provide some decent information? Like explaining more clearly
    what you are trying to accomplish?

    Toolman Tim, Mar 25, 2005
  8. Jack Underwood wrote:

    > WormWood wrote:
    >
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Warn them about what?

    >> Repent! The end is near......
    >>

    > If you're all done, can you leave this thread so I can get a decent
    > reply? Thanks.

    Er..... no.
    You still haven't answered my question.

    --
    Warn them about what?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 25, 2005
  9. Jack Underwood

    Old Gringo Guest

    Jack Underwood wrote:
    > Usually, I am forced to try and warn some of my contacts in AIM. But
    > when I try, it come back as "Warning of <Screenname> is not allowed."
    > Has anyone fixed/encountered this problem?

    Check with Neville, as he is the only one here that uses AOL besides
    yourself.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Mar 26, 2005
  10. Jack Underwood wrote:
    > WormWood wrote:
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>>Warn them about what?

    >> Repent! The end is near......

    > If you're all done, can you leave this thread so I can get a decent
    > reply? Thanks.

    He's throwing some kind of body block on the thread so other answers
    don't come through? I don't think so.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 26, 2005
  11. Old Gringo wrote:
    > Jack Underwood wrote:
    >> Usually, I am forced to try and warn some of my contacts in AIM. But
    >> when I try, it come back as "Warning of <Screenname> is not allowed."
    >> Has anyone fixed/encountered this problem?

    > Check with Neville, as he is the only one here that uses AOL besides
    > yourself.

    Yeah, but he only uses it *with* himself.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 26, 2005
  12. Jack Underwood

    Old Gringo Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >>Jack Underwood wrote:
    >>
    >>>Usually, I am forced to try and warn some of my contacts in AIM. But
    >>>when I try, it come back as "Warning of <Screenname> is not allowed."
    >>>Has anyone fixed/encountered this problem?

    >>Check with Neville, as he is the only one here that uses AOL besides
    >>yourself.

    > Yeah, but he only uses it *with* himself.

    LOL :)

    Old Gringo, Mar 26, 2005
  13. Jack Underwood

    Dave Lear Guest

    Dave Lear, Mar 26, 2005
  14. Dave Lear wrote:
    > "Jack Underwood" wrote in message
    >

    >>Usually, I am forced to try and warn some of my contacts in AIM.
    >>But when I try, it come back as "Warning of <Screenname> is
    >>not allowed." Has anyone fixed/encountered this problem?

    > Is this article relevant?
    > http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/central/1_5/aol_releasenotes.html#both

    No, but thanks for trying. I'll go to TechSpot. Easier than posting here...

    Jack Underwood, Mar 26, 2005