AIM Encrypting Proxy

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by jp10558, Jan 26, 2005.

  1. jp10558

    jp10558 Guest

    jp10558, Jan 26, 2005

  2. jp10558 <> wrote:

    > The reason I want a proxy is so that disparate clients can
    > communicate securely over the AIM service. Extra points for any
    > that don't block file transfers like SecureIM does.

    Have you looked at Trillian (www.trillian.cc)? It has built-in
    encryption for ICQ and AIM as long as people on both sides use Trillian.

    There also are encryption- and AIM-plugins for Miranda ICQ.

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    A woman's speed limit is 68, at 69 she blows a rod
    Juergen Nieveler, Jan 26, 2005

  3. jp10558

    jp10558 Guest

    jp10558, Jan 26, 2005
  4. jp10558

    SD Guest

    > Does anyone know of a good replacement for SecureIM
    > (http://www.vonnieda.org/SecureIM/) as it has stopped being
    > developed, and the author never released the source code? I've
    > looked at SIMPlite
    > (http://www.secway.fr/products/simplite_aim/download.php?PARAM=u
    > s,text), but it seems to actually be weaker than what I have
    > been using(although, given the age of the program, there are
    > likely vunerabilities in the libraries etc... that were used).

    Hi!

    I use SimpLite on a daily basis and I find it a bit surprising that you say
    it seems to be weaker than what you've been using.

    Here are its cryptographic specs:
    - Authentication/Key neg.: RSA (2048)
    - Encryption: AES 128

    If it is properly implemented (and I would guess so, the company is pretty
    renowned here and they actually use an open-source encryption library) it
    would take centuries to break that.. Also I've already emailed their
    technical support once at , a rare thing for a tech support
    they seemed quite skilled.

    SD
    SD, Feb 10, 2005