    stopped work on it. As I recall, an earlier version displayed the
    license keys for installed programs. The latest version does not. Is my
    memory correct, or am I thinking about another utility?

    mcp6453, May 30, 2004

  2. mcp6453

    Thor Guest

    I think Belarc advisor did that. Not sure if Aida32 did. I too am sorry to
    hear that it will no longer be updated. It was a very useful utility.

    Thor, May 30, 2004

  3. mcp6453

    Hamman Guest

    "mcp6453" <> wrote in message
    > I am a major fan of AIDA32 and am sorry to see that the developer has
    > stopped work on it. As I recall, an earlier version displayed the
    > license keys for installed programs. The latest version does not. Is my
    > memory correct, or am I thinking about another utility?

    AIDA32 did display a couple of key codes. It is now called Everest and works
    pretty much the same.

    hamman

    Hamman, May 30, 2004
  4. mcp6453

    mcp6453 Guest

    Hamman wrote:

    > "mcp6453" <> wrote in message
    > > I am a major fan of AIDA32 and am sorry to see that the developer has
    > > stopped work on it. As I recall, an earlier version displayed the
    > > license keys for installed programs. The latest version does not. Is my
    > > memory correct, or am I thinking about another utility?

    > AIDA32 did display a couple of key codes. It is now called Everest and works
    > pretty much the same.
    >
    > hamman

    You made my day. I hope they will keep the product up to day.

    The crazy thing is that I would be willing to pay $10 or so for the
    program, no questions asked. If you want to send them money, the minimum
    they will accept is $300 for 10 licenses. My guess is a lot of people
    would be willing to pay a little money for the now-free program.

    Not complaining, mind you!

    mcp6453, May 30, 2004
  5. mcp6453

    Jim Berwick Guest

    mcp6453 <> wrote in news::

    > they will accept is $300 for 10 licenses. My guess is a lot of people
    > would be willing to pay a little money for the now-free program.
    >
    > Not complaining, mind you!

    I donated $30 to Spybot. I've used it so many times personally, and
    professionally that I felt I owed him.

    Jim Berwick, May 30, 2004