    In "AI" focusing mode, what does "AI" stand for? I know what it does but I
    don't know what th letters "AI" stand for.

    Jimmy
    Jimmy Smith, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Jimmy Smith

    John Guest

    Jimmy Smith wrote:
    > In "AI" focusing mode, what does "AI" stand for? I know what it does
    > but I don't know what th letters "AI" stand for.
    >
    > Jimmy

    Automatic Indexing
    John, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Jimmy Smith

    Bob Williams Guest

    John wrote:
    > Jimmy Smith wrote:
    >
    >>In "AI" focusing mode, what does "AI" stand for? I know what it does
    >>but I don't know what th letters "AI" stand for.
    >>
    >>Jimmy

    > Automatic Indexing

    I thought it stood for Artificial Intelligence.
    Bob
    Bob Williams, Jun 15, 2004
  4. In article <qgrzc.4583$>,
    says...
    > In "AI" focusing mode, what does "AI" stand for? I know what it does but I
    > don't know what th letters "AI" stand for.
    >
    > Jimmy

    Alien interference.
    Brian C. Baird, Jun 15, 2004

    http://photonotes.org/other/ai-servo.html
    Charles Schuler, Jun 15, 2004
  6. In article <>,
    says...

    > "Jimmy Smith" <> wrote in message
    > > In "AI" focusing mode, what does "AI" stand for? I know what it does but

    > > don't know what th letters "AI" stand for.

    > http://photonotes.org/other/ai-servo.html

    I still like Alien Interference.
    Brian C. Baird, Jun 15, 2004
  7. Jimmy Smith

    John Guest

    Charles Schuler wrote:
    > "Jimmy Smith" <> wrote in message
    >> In "AI" focusing mode, what does "AI" stand for? I know what it
    >> does but I don't know what th letters "AI" stand for.

    > http://photonotes.org/other/ai-servo.html

    I guess it depends on the camera as Nikon refers to it as Automatic
    Indexing.

    AI-Lenses: Released in 1977, AI stands for Automatic Indexing and is a small
    ridge cut into the outside of the lens mount that allows the meter to know
    what the maximum and current aperture of your lens is. The "rabbit-ears" of
    the early Non-AI lenses are not used anymore, although most AI lenses have
    them. There is also a second line of smaller aperture numbers printed below
    the meter coupling pin that reflects up into some prism viewfinders
    (Aperture Direct Readout).

    http://tinyurl.com/yrwxv

    John
    John, Jun 15, 2004