AH GRASSHOPPER, IT'S THE 20D!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Annika1980

    Dirty Harry Guest

    Dirty Harry, Jun 27, 2005

  3. very nice, why does this grasshopper have yellow eyes?
    I thought they had green.(In german grasshopper=Heuschrecke)

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Jun 27, 2005
  4. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jun 27, 2005
  5. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >very nice, why does this grasshopper have yellow eyes?
    >I thought they had green.(In german grasshopper=Heuschrecke)

    I don't know. This one had eyes that were yellow on top and green down
    below.
    It was still daylight when I took the pics so maybe they change color
    at night?
    Just a guess.
    Annika1980, Jun 27, 2005
  6. Annika1980

    Sheldon Guest

    Sheldon, Jun 27, 2005
  7. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >Very nice! Can you give as many details as you can about how these shots
    >were lit?

    I've described my rig in previous posts. It's pretty simple.
    The 20D is mounted on a Stroboframe quick-flip bracket
    along with the 550EX flash. The flash is covered with the
    Lumiquest softbox and is either flipped down or sometimes
    handheld, connected via the off-shoe camera cord.
    Most of the grasshopper shots were taken by holding the 20D
    in one hand and the flash in the other. This way I can experiment
    with the light above or even below the subject.
    Annika1980, Jun 27, 2005
  8. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jun 28, 2005
  9. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jun 28, 2005
  10. Annika1980

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 27 Jun 2005 20:01:37 -0700, "Annika1980" <>
    wrote:

    >Here's a closeup of his eye. Even this pic is reduced 50%.
    >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45393656/original

    That's FAKE!
    Look at the pixelation in the eye!

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Jun 28, 2005
  11. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jun 28, 2005
  12. Annika1980

    Ken Tough Guest

    Bill Funk <> wrote:
    >"Annika1980" <>
    >>Here's a closeup of his eye. Even this pic is reduced 50%.
    >>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45393656/original

    >That's FAKE!
    >Look at the pixelation in the eye!

    It's interesting. Maybe the bottom half is green because it
    filters out green, since most plant life is green and most
    dangerous things on the ground are not green?

    --
    Ken Tough
    Ken Tough, Jun 28, 2005
  13. Annika1980

    Mike Engles Guest

    Bill Funk wrote:

    > On 27 Jun 2005 20:01:37 -0700, "Annika1980" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Here's a closeup of his eye. Even this pic is reduced 50%.
    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45393656/original

    > That's FAKE!
    > Look at the pixelation in the eye!
    >
    > --
    > Bill Funk
    > replace "g" with "a"

    Hello

    Insects have mulifaceted compound eyes.
    Nature got there first.

    Mike Engles
    Mike Engles, Jun 29, 2005
  14. Annika1980

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:08:48 +0000 (UTC), Mike Engles
    <> wrote:

    >Bill Funk wrote:
    >>
    >> On 27 Jun 2005 20:01:37 -0700, "Annika1980" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Here's a closeup of his eye. Even this pic is reduced 50%.
    >> >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/45393656/original

    >> That's FAKE!
    >> Look at the pixelation in the eye!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bill Funk
    >> replace "g" with "a"

    >Hello
    >
    >Insects have mulifaceted compound eyes.
    >Nature got there first.
    >
    >Mike Engles

    That "whooshing" sound you heard is the joke going over your head. :)

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Jun 29, 2005
  15. Annika1980

    Mike Engles Guest

    Bill Funk wrote:

    > On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:08:48 +0000 (UTC), Mike Engles
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Bill Funk wrote:

    > >> That's FAKE!
    > >> Look at the pixelation in the eye!
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Bill Funk
    > >> replace "g" with "a"

    > >Hello
    > >
    > >Insects have mulifaceted compound eyes.
    > >Nature got there first.
    > >
    > >Mike Engles

    > That "whooshing" sound you heard is the joke going over your head. :)
    >
    > --
    > Bill Funk
    > replace "g" with "a"

    Hello

    I realised it was tongue in cheek,I only added that as a matter of
    information.

    Mike engles
    Mike Engles, Jul 1, 2005
  16. Annika1980

    Frank ess Guest

    Frank ess, Jul 1, 2005
  17. Annika1980

    Frank ess Guest

    Mike Engles wrote:
    > Bill Funk wrote:
    >>
    >> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:08:48 +0000 (UTC), Mike Engles
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Hello
    >>>
    >>> Insects have mulifaceted compound eyes.
    >>> Nature got there first.
    >>>
    >>> Mike Engles

    >> That "whooshing" sound you heard is the joke going over your head.
    >> :)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bill Funk
    >> replace "g" with "a"

    > Hello
    >
    > I realised it was tongue in cheek,I only added that as a matter of
    > information.
    >
    > Mike engles

    "Then no one needs to note that it was superfluous information?" he
    said, superfluously and informationally.
    Frank ess, Jul 1, 2005