    IAN. P. GARDNER
    ISLE OF WIGHT
    www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk
    IAN GARDNER, Dec 11, 2004

  2. IAN GARDNER

    WebWalker Guest

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 20:46:06 -0000, "IAN GARDNER"
    <> wrote:

    >Dear all,
    >Im building an XP computer with an Asrock K7S4GX with a Separon 2.6gig
    >processor,
    > I want to have twin view. If I use the on-board graphics as one moniter and
    >put in a PCI or an AGP graphics card then they knock the in-built card off!
    > Ive got myself a AGP twin moniter card. Is this the only way?

    1 PCI display card and 1 AGP card.

    --
    WebWalker
    WebWalker, Dec 12, 2004

  3. IAN GARDNER wrote:

    > Dear all,
    > Im building an XP computer with an Asrock K7S4GX with a Separon 2.6gig
    > processor,
    > I want to have twin view. If I use the on-board graphics as one moniter and
    > put in a PCI or an AGP graphics card then they knock the in-built card off!
    > Ive got myself a AGP twin moniter card. Is this the only way?
    >
    > Thanks again guys and girl!

    I have a GeForce 5200 with duel output and it works nicely. I can have
    different resolutions, and configure it in many ways.

    --

    There is nothing wrong with your news reader.
    Do not attempt to adjust your settings.

    Please stand by.
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Dec 12, 2004
  4. IAN GARDNER

    Thor Guest

    "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    > Im building an XP computer with an Asrock K7S4GX with a Separon 2.6gig
    > processor,
    > I want to have twin view. If I use the on-board graphics as one moniter
    > and put in a PCI or an AGP graphics card then they knock the in-built card
    > off!
    > Ive got myself a AGP twin moniter card. Is this the only way?

    A dual output card, or an AGP and PCI card, or onboard video and a PCI card
    are your likely choices. You can't use the onboard video in conjunction with
    an AGP card to get a dual output, because the onboard video likely also uses
    the AGP interface internally. Since it's not a "bus" like PCI, AGP can't
    accomodate two devices using the interface at the same time. That's why the
    onboard is disabled when you use the AGP card.
    Thor, Dec 12, 2004
  5. IAN GARDNER

    relic Guest

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg wrote:
    > I thought Linux users were supposed to be intelligent?

    No, linux makes you stupid.
    Searched all groups Results 1 - 30 of 5,820 for "linux makes you
    stupid".

    --
    Honey, you stick to the washin',
    ironin', cookin', and scrubbin'.
    relic, Dec 12, 2004
  6. Christo wrote:

    >>There is nothing wrong with your news reader.
    >>Do not attempt to adjust your settings.
    >>I am now controlling your PC.
    >>I control the horizontal scrollbar, and the vertical one.
    >>I can deluge you with a thousand movies,
    >>or expand one single JPG to crystal clarity and beyond.
    >>I can shape your vision to anything my imagination can conceive.
    >>For the next post I will control all that you see and hear.
    >>You are about to experience the awe and the mystery
    >>which reaches from my deepest inner mind to,
    >>the Outer Limits.
    >>
    >>Please stand by.

    > cool sig weyoun

    thanks ! :)
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Dec 12, 2004
  7. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message

    > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message
    >> Dear all,
    >> Im building an XP computer with an Asrock K7S4GX with a Separon 2.6gig
    >> processor,
    >> I want to have twin view. If I use the on-board graphics as one moniter
    >> and put in a PCI or an AGP graphics card then they knock the in-built
    >> card off!
    >> Ive got myself a AGP twin moniter card. Is this the only way?

    > A dual output card, or an AGP and PCI card, or onboard video and a PCI
    > card are your likely choices. You can't use the onboard video in
    > conjunction with an AGP card to get a dual output, because the onboard
    > video likely also uses the AGP interface internally. Since it's not a
    > "bus" like PCI, AGP can't accomodate two devices using the interface at
    > the same time. That's why the onboard is disabled when you use the AGP
    > card.

    Ok dudes, I got myself a G3Ti200 Pro TDo111042894 card. It has It has Twin
    monitor out that consists of a standard monitor out and a DVI output. I got
    with it a converter plug that converts the DVI output to a monitor socket.
    I now have two displays showing the same thing! I select twinview but I
    still get the same picture on both monitors. In the Bios, ive checked the
    box as Use AGP as primary display.
    Any more ideas?

    Thanks sofar!

    IAN GARDNER, Dec 12, 2004
  8. IAN GARDNER

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in

    > I now have two displays showing the same thing! I select twinview but
    > still get the same picture on both monitors. In the Bios, ive checked
    > the box as Use AGP as primary display.

    What is the exact result you are trying to accomplish?
    Jim Berwick, Dec 12, 2004
  9. Jim Berwick wrote:

    > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in
    >

    >> I now have two displays showing the same thing! I select twinview but
    >>still get the same picture on both monitors. In the Bios, ive checked
    >>the box as Use AGP as primary display.
    >>

    > What is the exact result you are trying to accomplish?

    I assume it's what I have. My G-card has a driver that lets me see this:

    www.weyounsworld.co.uk/downloads/images/desktop.gif

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Dec 13, 2004
  10. IAN GARDNER

    sqr Guest

    I agree

    --
    sqr

    sqr, Dec 13, 2004
  11. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "Jim Berwick" <> wrote in message
    > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I now have two displays showing the same thing! I select twinview but
    >> still get the same picture on both monitors. In the Bios, ive checked
    >> the box as Use AGP as primary display.
    >>

    > What is the exact result you are trying to accomplish?

    Er, sorry to be sarcastic but, er, let me see now......................

    oh.............. to extend my desktop onto the other as well so both
    monitors display one extended desktop and not two desktops that are the
    same.
    Ie I want to slide the mouse from one moniter to the other and NOT display
    the same mouse position

    Thanks.

    I thought that most people buy this sort of setup to do this!

    IAN GARDNER, Dec 13, 2004
  12. IAN GARDNER

    relic Guest

    sqr wrote:
    > I agree
    >
    > --
    > sqr

    Where in the hell have you been?
    relic, Dec 13, 2004
  13. IAN GARDNER wrote:

    > "Jim Berwick" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> I now have two displays showing the same thing! I select twinview but
    >>>still get the same picture on both monitors. In the Bios, ive checked
    >>>the box as Use AGP as primary display.
    >>>

    >>What is the exact result you are trying to accomplish?

    > Er, sorry to be sarcastic but, er, let me see now......................
    >
    > oh.............. to extend my desktop onto the other as well so both
    > monitors display one extended desktop and not two desktops that are the
    > same.
    > Ie I want to slide the mouse from one moniter to the other and NOT display
    > the same mouse position
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > I thought that most people buy this sort of setup to do this!

    That is the setup that I have. a Duel-head graphics card will do this
    for you. The GeForce FX 5200 does this nicely.

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Dec 14, 2004
  14. IAN GARDNER

    derek / nul Guest

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:15:48 -0000, "IAN GARDNER"
    <> wrote:
    >Ok dudes, I got myself a G3Ti200 Pro TDo111042894 card. It has It has Twin
    >monitor out that consists of a standard monitor out and a DVI output. I got
    >with it a converter plug that converts the DVI output to a monitor socket.
    > I now have two displays showing the same thing! I select twinview but I
    >still get the same picture on both monitors. In the Bios, ive checked the
    >box as Use AGP as primary display.

    The gf3 Ti200 is not a dual head card, it just has 2 connectors that display the
    same thing.

    Derek
    derek / nul, Dec 14, 2004
  15. IAN GARDNER

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in

    > oh.............. to extend my desktop onto the other as well so both
    > monitors display one extended desktop and not two desktops that are
    > the same.
    > Ie I want to slide the mouse from one moniter to the other and NOT
    > display
    > the same mouse position

    You should check the box to "Extend my desktop to this monitor" and using
    nVidia twinview should work fine. My brother runs this exact setup, he
    puts AIM and Winamp on his second monitor while he plays Enemy Territory,
    so he can still read what people are saying to him and the like.
    Jim Berwick, Dec 14, 2004
  16. IAN GARDNER

    Rv! Guest

    > >> That's no match for my Gilette MAch 3!

    > Quattro is the best razor available

    Personally I've never had better than my older Gilette Sensor,
    pity they're virtually unavailable nowadays.
    Rv!, Dec 16, 2004
  17. Stick with beards!

    Chester.
    Chester Wilson, Dec 16, 2004
  18. IAN GARDNER

    GFree Guest

    "Chester Wilson" <> wrote in message
    > Stick with beards!

    Bah. Beards are itchy motherfuckers. I try to grow one but eventally shave
    due to it pissing me off. How you guys bear with 'em I don't know...
    GFree, Dec 17, 2004
  19. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "Weyoun the Dancing Borg" <> wrote in message
    > IAN GARDNER wrote:
    >
    >> "Jim Berwick" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in

    >>>What is the exact result you are trying to accomplish?

    >> Er, sorry to be sarcastic but, er, let me see now......................
    >>
    >> oh.............. to extend my desktop onto the other as well so both
    >> monitors display one extended desktop and not two desktops that are the
    >> same.
    >> Ie I want to slide the mouse from one moniter to the other and NOT
    >> display the same mouse position
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> I thought that most people buy this sort of setup to do this!
    >>

    > That is the setup that I have. a Duel-head graphics card will do this for
    > you. The GeForce FX 5200 does this nicely.
    >
    > --

    I got this one and it worked perfectly. The other duel head I tried just
    gave me two monitors with the same picture on and no way of changeing it.

    IAN GARDNER, Dec 18, 2004
  20. IAN GARDNER

    > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in
    >
    >> oh.............. to extend my desktop onto the other as well so both
    >> monitors display one extended desktop and not two desktops that are
    >> the same.
    >> Ie I want to slide the mouse from one moniter to the other and NOT
    >> display
    >> the same mouse position
    >>

    > You should check the box to "Extend my desktop to this monitor" and using
    > nVidia twinview should work fine.

    I did this they were already ticked but did not show two monitors in the
    choose desttop window.

    IAN GARDNER, Dec 18, 2004