    all with the PCI card present.

    Is it usual to have this kind of problem when you need to have a dual
    display capability and don't have a dual head display card?
    Rob J, Apr 27, 2005

  2. Rob J

    XPD Guest

    "Rob J" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've got this Pentium III that has both AGP and PCI graphics cards. If
    > the Bios is set to start the AGP card first, the PCI card won't start
    > (Code 10 in Windows). The PCI card has to be started first to use both
    > cards.
    >
    > I tried another AGP card in the machine, but this one wouldn't start at
    > all with the PCI card present.
    >
    > Is it usual to have this kind of problem when you need to have a dual
    > display capability and don't have a dual head display card?

    Ive been looking into running dual display with Windows 2000 and read
    similar issues...
    The most common answer was to set the bios to detect the PCI card 1st, and
    then windows will generally switch to the AGP anyway as a primary display.
    The sites also said NOT to use S3 based cards as they tend to be very tricky
    to get running on dual display (under W2k at least)
    XPD, Apr 27, 2005