    --
    She talks so much, we think she was vaccinated with a phonograph needle...
    www.dwacon.com

    dwacon, Apr 10, 2005

  2. dwacon

    °Mike° Guest

    Do you have Spybot S&D installed? Or SpywareBlaster?
    Both of these give you the option to disable the IE Control
    Panel, to prevent tampering -- check your settings.

    In <O5b6e.964$Z73.3@lakeread04>,
    dwacon took 17 lines to utter:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 10, 2005

  3. dwacon

    Sultan Guest

    "dwacon" <> wrote in

    > Since upgrading Windows Server 2003 to SP1, I can no longer do
    > "tools... options" in internet exploder, even though I am logged in

    as
    > administrator.
    >
    > The ironic part, the dialog popup that tells me this action is
    > restricted says, "Please contact administrator." I am the $@#!
    > administrator!
    >
    > Any clues on how to un-FOOBAR this?
    >
    > TIA

    Check the settings for this under Group Policy - it sounds like that
    is where it is restricted. Check both the domain policy(s) and the
    local - depending on how you are logging in.

    Sultan, Apr 10, 2005
  4. dwacon

    TJ Guest

    Sultan <> wrote:

    > News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
    > World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
    > Total Privacy via Encryption =----

    Agony indeed. Doesn't newsfeeds.com offer a way to turn off this improperly
    delimited abortion that gets appended to every post?

    TJ, Apr 10, 2005
  5. dwacon

    Sultan Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in

    Usenet

    -
    >> Total Privacy via Encryption =----

    > Agony indeed. Doesn't newsfeeds.com offer a way to turn off this
    > improperly delimited abortion that gets appended to every post?

    Not that I'm aware of or believe me I would-- if anyone knows how
    please share.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Apr 10, 2005
  6. Sultan wrote:

    > "TJ" <> wrote in

    >> Sultan <> wrote:

    > Usenet
    >>> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in

    > the
    >>> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms

    > -
    >>> Total Privacy via Encryption =----

    >> Agony indeed. Doesn't newsfeeds.com offer a way to turn off this
    >> improperly delimited abortion that gets appended to every post?

    > Not that I'm aware of or believe me I would-- if anyone knows how
    > please share.

    Might check in with news.software.readers. It's kinda offtopic, but
    since there are Usenet-in-general wizards, there, someome might know.
    See you there.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 10, 2005
  7. dwacon

    Sultan Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in