    my camera? I would get a new camera, but I can't afford it at all at the
    moment.

    Thanks.
    Ant Chippendale, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Ant Chippendale

    AArDvarK Guest

    The camera won't format it? Then your computer will
    if you have a card reader, it's just an erasure done by
    the OS. Will the camera fill up the entire card, all 32
    megabytes with images?
    --
    Sincerely,
    Alex
    AArDvarK, Jan 12, 2004

  3. "AArDvarK" <cravdraa@yahoo*SPAMLESS*.com> wrote in message

    > The camera won't format it? Then your computer will
    > if you have a card reader, it's just an erasure done by
    > the OS. Will the camera fill up the entire card, all 32
    > megabytes with images?
    > --
    > Sincerely,
    > Alex
    > California central coast

    Hi

    Thanks for your reply. When I switch the camera on with the 32mb card in it
    just says "Reformet? Yes or No, if I say yes or no it just says insert
    another card or words to that effect. I don't have a card reader and the
    software with the camera (Agfa Photowise v1.5) doesn't have an option for
    it. Is there any other software out there for controlling digicams thru
    serial cable that might have it as an option? I am planning on taking quite
    a few pictures so it would be nice if I could use the full 32mb. If I can't
    get it to work I'll just stick the card on ebay and buy some 8mb cards, but
    I would LOVE to get the 32mb card to work in it.
    Ant Chippendale, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Ant Chippendale

    AArDvarK Guest

    I see ... then I would search hi-and-low for newer firmware.
    If none exists then buy a slew of 8mb cards. Ebay, copy and
    paste:
    http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...&lotr=1&from=R2&sacategory=43468&BasicSearch=
    your camera:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Agfa/agfa_1280.asp
    http://www.agfa.com/ (nothing)

    Very irresponsible company, IMO. That year, in 1999 Nikon
    came out with the 950 digital, seems to be far beyond the
    ePhoto1280 as it makes 1600x1200 files and a 300 pixels-
    per-inch .TIF. They are around +/- $100.00 on ebay now,
    well worth it.
    --
    Sincerely,
    Alex
    AArDvarK, Jan 12, 2004
  5. Ant Chippendale

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...

    Ant Chippendale wrote:
    > "AArDvarK" <cravdraa@yahoo*SPAMLESS*.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>The camera won't format it? Then your computer will
    >>if you have a card reader, it's just an erasure done by
    >>the OS. Will the camera fill up the entire card, all 32
    >>megabytes with images?
    >>--
    >>Sincerely,
    >>Alex
    >>California central coast

    > Hi
    >
    > Thanks for your reply. When I switch the camera on with the 32mb card in it
    > just says "Reformet? Yes or No, if I say yes or no it just says insert
    > another card or words to that effect. I don't have a card reader and the
    > software with the camera (Agfa Photowise v1.5) doesn't have an option for
    > it. Is there any other software out there for controlling digicams thru
    > serial cable that might have it as an option? I am planning on taking quite
    > a few pictures so it would be nice if I could use the full 32mb. If I can't
    > get it to work I'll just stick the card on ebay and buy some 8mb cards, but
    > I would LOVE to get the 32mb card to work in it.

    Can't guess from a yahoo address where in the world you are,
    but see if you can't find amongst your neighbors, friends, etc
    someone who has a reader.... ask them to format it for you
    (takes only a few seconds) and see what happens?

    Take care.

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Jan 12, 2004
  6. Ant Chippendale

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...

    AArDvarK wrote:
    > I see ... then I would search hi-and-low for newer firmware.
    > If none exists then buy a slew of 8mb cards. Ebay, copy and
    > paste:
    > http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...&lotr=1&from=R2&sacategory=43468&BasicSearch=
    > your camera:
    > http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Agfa/agfa_1280.asp
    > http://www.agfa.com/ (nothing)
    >
    > Very irresponsible company, IMO. That year, in 1999 Nikon
    > came out with the 950 digital, seems to be far beyond the
    > ePhoto1280 as it makes 1600x1200 files and a 300 pixels-
    > per-inch .TIF. They are around +/- $100.00 on ebay now,
    > well worth it.

    One more quick thought; take it with you to one of the
    computer stores (like future shop or best buy). See if they
    won't do it for you...

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Jan 12, 2004
  7. "AArDvarK" <cravdraa@yahoo*SPAMLESS*.com> wrote in message

    > I see ... then I would search hi-and-low for newer firmware.
    > If none exists then buy a slew of 8mb cards. Ebay, copy and
    > paste:

    http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...&lotr=1&from=R2&sacategory=43468&BasicSearch=
    > your camera:
    > http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Agfa/agfa_1280.asp
    > http://www.agfa.com/ (nothing)
    >
    > Very irresponsible company, IMO. That year, in 1999 Nikon
    > came out with the 950 digital, seems to be far beyond the
    > ePhoto1280 as it makes 1600x1200 files and a 300 pixels-
    > per-inch .TIF. They are around +/- $100.00 on ebay now,
    > well worth it.
    > --
    > Sincerely,
    > Alex
    > California central coast

    Yes, I think I will have to get some 8mb cards. Thanks for your help anyway.
    Just a bit of a bummer that I can't use a 3mb.
    Ant Chippendale, Jan 12, 2004
  8. "Ken Weitzel" <> wrote in message
    > Hi...
    > Can't guess from a yahoo address where in the world you are,
    > but see if you can't find amongst your neighbors, friends, etc
    > someone who has a reader.... ask them to format it for you
    > (takes only a few seconds) and see what happens?
    >
    > Take care.
    >
    > Ken

    No-one I know has one at the moment unfortunately.
    Ant Chippendale, Jan 13, 2004
  9. Ant Chippendale

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...

    Ant Chippendale wrote:
    > "Ken Weitzel" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi...
    >>Can't guess from a yahoo address where in the world you are,
    >>but see if you can't find amongst your neighbors, friends, etc
    >>someone who has a reader.... ask them to format it for you
    >>(takes only a few seconds) and see what happens?
    >>
    >>Take care.
    >>
    >>Ken

    > No-one I know has one at the moment unfortunately.

    Post your city :)

    There's a *lot* of people here; who knows, someone might
    be close :)

    Hey, I'll go first, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada.

    Take care.

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Jan 13, 2004
  10. "Ken Weitzel" <> wrote in message
    > Hi...
    > Post your city :)
    >
    > There's a *lot* of people here; who knows, someone might
    > be close :)
    >
    > Hey, I'll go first, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada.
    >
    > Take care.
    >
    > Ken

    I'm in Leeds, England.
    Ant Chippendale, Jan 13, 2004