    servers but Paradise. I get a 502 error with too many connections
    Goodbye.

    Cheers, Kooky

    Kookaburra, Aug 6, 2005

  2. Kookaburra

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 19:26:53 +1200, in message
     <>, Kookaburra wrote:

    > Agent has finally gone multiple servers. Seema OK with all other
    > servers but Paradise. I get a 502 error with too many connections

    Tools -> Servers and Accounts -> News Servers -> news.paradise.net.nz

    Maximum allowed connections: [__nnnn__]

    Set to no more than the maximum which Paradise allows.

    Ralph Fox, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Kookaburra

    Mutlley Guest

    Ralph Fox <-echo.invalid> wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 19:26:53 +1200, in message
    > <>, Kookaburra wrote:
    >
    >> Agent has finally gone multiple servers. Seema OK with all other
    >> servers but Paradise. I get a 502 error with too many connections

    >Tools -> Servers and Accounts -> News Servers -> news.paradise.net.nz
    >
    > Maximum allowed connections: [__nnnn__]
    >
    >Set to no more than the maximum which Paradise allows.
    >

    >> Goodbye.
    >>
    >> Cheers, Kooky

    Downloaded the 30 day trial. No Newzbin support. As I have better
    programs for binary news groups and Agent is only used for text I
    will go back to Agent 2 when the trial finishes.. I can't see any
    other advantages..

    Mutlley, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Kookaburra

    Adam Cameron Guest

    > Agent has finally gone multiple servers.

    I shifted away from Agent to 40tude due to Agent 2.0's mono-server-ness. I
    find 40tude pretty good. Is there any other features of Agent 3.0 that
    would make it worth my while thinking about going back to it?

    --

    Adam

    Adam Cameron, Aug 10, 2005
  5. Kookaburra

    Tony Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:05:40 +1200, Adam Cameron <>
    wrote:

    >> Agent has finally gone multiple servers.

    >I shifted away from Agent to 40tude due to Agent 2.0's mono-server-ness. I
    >find 40tude pretty good. Is there any other features of Agent 3.0 that
    >would make it worth my while thinking about going back to it?

    Why not dnload and try it, or go to the support News Group..

    Tony, Aug 10, 2005
  6. Kookaburra

    Adam Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:05:40 +1200, Adam Cameron wrote:

    >> Agent has finally gone multiple servers.

    >I shifted away from Agent to 40tude due to Agent 2.0's mono-server-ness. I
    >find 40tude pretty good. Is there any other features of Agent 3.0 that
    >would make it worth my while thinking about going back to it?

    The ability to group newsgroups into folders (or "desks" as it calls
    them) is pretty good. It means I can separate out work-related from
    hobby-related easily. The "desks" can be collapsed when not in use and
    online "actions" (get new headers etc.) can be used on everything, a
    single "desk", or single newsgroup.

    I have't tested multiple servers (yet) or the e-mail functions (I use
    TBird for that).

    If installing over an old 2.0 version, Agent warns you about doing a
    backup (I copied the whole directory) but it imported all my old junk
    without any problems.

    Adam.
    [Hope you're *walking* to work!]

    Adam, Aug 10, 2005
  7. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:26:38 +0000, Ralph Fox
    <-echo.invalid> wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 19:26:53 +1200, in message
    > <>, Kookaburra wrote:
    >
    >> Agent has finally gone multiple servers. Seema OK with all other
    >> servers but Paradise. I get a 502 error with too many connections

    >Tools -> Servers and Accounts -> News Servers -> news.paradise.net.nz
    >
    > Maximum allowed connections: [__nnnn__]
    >
    >Set to no more than the maximum which Paradise allows.
    >

    >> Goodbye.
    >>
    >> Cheers, Kooky

    I wish I had looked in here a couple of days ago. I got a bit
    frustrated with Agent v3 and went back to using Xnews. The other
    night I went to the Agent group and asked about the 502 error and was
    given the same answer as you've given me here. Thanks Ralph. I'm
    pleased to say Agent is working flawlessly now.

    Cheers, Kooky

    Kookaburra, Aug 11, 2005
  8. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    <> wrote:

    >> Agent has finally gone multiple servers.

    >I shifted away from Agent to 40tude due to Agent 2.0's mono-server-ness. I
    >find 40tude pretty good. Is there any other features of Agent 3.0 that
    >would make it worth my while thinking about going back to it?

    I was disappointed when they bought out version 2 and wished I hadn't
    bothered upgrading from 1.93. I quite like the fact I can now
    download all my groups in one hit from the different servers. With
    Xnews I still have to switch from server to server. I did trial 40tude
    when it was first released and liked it too.

    Cheers, Kooky

    Kookaburra, Aug 11, 2005
  9. Re: Agent v3 & HTML

    Does Agent now support display of HTML messages ?

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Aug 13, 2005
  10. Kookaburra

    Ralph Fox Guest

    Re: Agent v3 & HTML

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:06:59 +1200, in message
     <>, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:

    > Does Agent now support display of HTML messages ?

    It's the same as your version 1.93.

    You can launch an external HTML viewer.
    You can read un-rendered HTML code in Agent.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Change is inevitable. Progress is optional.

    Ralph Fox, Aug 13, 2005
  11. Kookaburra

    Adam Guest

    Re: Agent v3 & HTML

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:56:07 +0000, Ralph Fox wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:06:59 +1200, in message
    > <>, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:

    >> Does Agent now support display of HTML messages ?

    >It's the same as your version 1.93.
    >
    >You can launch an external HTML viewer.
    >You can read un-rendered HTML code in Agent.

    Yep - confirmed. Nothing renders at all. I found that when I open up
    in an external viewer, embedded pics don't come across. I prefer
    Thunderbird for e-mail anyway - though I still keep Agent for
    newsgroups.

    Adam.
    Adamski.

    Adam, Aug 13, 2005
  12. Kookaburra

    Ralph Fox Guest

    Re: Agent v3 & HTML

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 03:00:43 +1200, in message
     <>, Adam wrote:

    > On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:56:07 +0000, Ralph Fox wrote:
    >
    > >It's the same as your version 1.93.
    > >
    > >You can launch an external HTML viewer.
    > >You can read un-rendered HTML code in Agent.

    > Yep - confirmed. Nothing renders at all. I found that when I open up
    > in an external viewer, embedded pics don't come across.

    You can save the message as a .eml file and open it in OE.
    This will show the images.

    Or save it as a .mhtml file and open it in Firefox + MAF extension

    Ralph Fox, Aug 13, 2005
  13. Kookaburra

    Adam Guest

    Re: Agent v3 & HTML

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:21:18 +0000, Ralph Fox wrote:

    >You can save the message as a .eml file and open it in OE.
    >This will show the images.
    >
    >Or save it as a .mhtml file and open it in Firefox + MAF extension

    Hmmmm ... interesting. I have MAF 0.6.2. running on FF1.06 (Winn32)
    and it just goes into a loop trying to load the .mhtml file -whereas
    IE loads it fine - gifs in place and everything.

    What settings did you use in Agent when you saved it?

    Adam.

    Adam, Aug 14, 2005
  14. Kookaburra

    Ralph Fox Guest

    Re: Agent v3 & HTML

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:48:38 +1200, in message
     <>, Adam wrote:

    > On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:21:18 +0000, Ralph Fox wrote:
    >
    > >You can save the message as a .eml file and open it in OE.
    > >This will show the images.
    > >
    > >Or save it as a .mhtml file and open it in Firefox + MAF extension

    > Hmmmm ... interesting. I have MAF 0.6.2. running on FF1.06 (Winn32)
    > and it just goes into a loop trying to load the .mhtml file -whereas
    > IE loads it fine - gifs in place and everything.
    >
    > What settings did you use in Agent when you saved it?

    1. Use these settings while saving

    1.1 You must have only a single message selected.
    Saving multiple messages together to .mhtml will not work.

    1.2 File -> Save Messages As

    [ ] Append to existing file
    [x] Save raw (unformatted) message
    ---File Format---
    (•) No separator between messages
    ---Header Fields to Include---
    (•) All fields

    2. MAF can be picky about the format of the message.
    Some things outside its expectations or
    intended scope can cause it to busy loop.

    For example, MAF hung for me on a message with
    this structure

    multipart/alternative
    text/plain
    application/x-zip-compressed

    The above isn't really MAF's intended scope. MAF's intended
    scope is messages structured like this

    multipart/related
    text/html
    image/gif
    image/jpeg
    image/png

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    A doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines.

    Ralph Fox, Aug 14, 2005