    You can try V2.0 us a update for 30 days and go back to 1.93 if you don't
    like it..

    www.forteinc.com/

    Robin Wheeler, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Robin Wheeler

    Mutley Guest

    Robin Wheeler <> wrote:

    >Lots of cosmetic changes ,most don't think its worth the $15us upgrade fee,
    >will be $19us when V2.1 comes out later with some major updates.
    >

    >You can try V2.0 us a update for 30 days and go back to 1.93 if you don't
    >like it..
    >

    >www.forteinc.com/

    I'll give it the 30 day trial. I thought this version had the ability
    to use multiple news servers???

    Mutley, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Out from under a rock popped Mutley and said

    > I'll give it the 30 day trial. I thought this version had the ability
    > to use multiple news servers???

    XNews does and it's free.

    --
    rob singers
    pull finger to reply

    Robert Singers, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Robin Wheeler

    Adam Cameron Guest

    >>Lots of cosmetic changes...
    >>

    >I'll give it the 30 day trial. I thought this version had the ability
    >to use multiple news servers???

    Yeah, I was expecting to see that too: they really need to get that
    sorted out.

    The improved message sorting is good, but hardly worth paying for.
    And I've not found anything else that's anything other than cosmetic
    (which I don't give a rat's arse about).

    I'll run for 30 days and revert to 1.9, I think.

    Adam

    Adam Cameron, Feb 8, 2004
  5. Robin Wheeler

    Mutley Guest

    Robert Singers <> wrote:

    >Out from under a rock popped Mutley and said
    >
    >> I'll give it the 30 day trial. I thought this version had the ability
    >> to use multiple news servers???

    >XNews does and it's free.

    So does BNR2 and it's free as well.

    Mutley, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Robin Wheeler

    Allistar Guest

    Mutley wrote:

    > Robert Singers <> wrote:
    >
    >>Out from under a rock popped Mutley and said
    >>
    >>> I'll give it the 30 day trial. I thought this version had the ability
    >>> to use multiple news servers???

    >>XNews does and it's free.

    > So does BNR2 and it's free as well.

    So is KNode.

    Allistar, Feb 9, 2004
  7. Robin Wheeler

    Rob Singers Guest

    Allistar startled all and sundry by ejaculating the following words of
    wisdom

    > So is KNode.

    But it doesn't have a bozo bin IIRC.

    --
    rob singers
    pull finger to reply

    Rob Singers, Feb 9, 2004
  8. Robin Wheeler

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Lots of cosmetic changes ,most don't think its worth the $15us upgrade fee,
    > will be $19us when V2.1 comes out later with some major updates.
    >

    > You can try V2.0 us a update for 30 days and go back to 1.93 if you don't
    > like it..

    Pity we are still getting Woger 1.0..

    Mainlander, Feb 9, 2004
  9. Robin Wheeler

    Peter S Guest

    "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    > Mutley wrote:
    >
    > > Robert Singers <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Out from under a rock popped Mutley and said

    > >>XNews does and it's free.

    > > So does BNR2 and it's free as well.

    > So is KNode.

    Well, geez, at the risk of getting flamed by all you geeks using the most
    obscure newsreaders available, Outlook Express allows multiple news servers
    as well and is free.

    Pete.

    Peter S, Feb 9, 2004
  10. Robin Wheeler

    Adam Cameron Guest

    Sigh.

    >> > So does BNR2 and it's free as well.

    >> So is KNode.

    >Outlook Express allows multiple news servers as well and is free.

    What is it, exactly, that you lot get out of posts like this?

    Adam

    Adam Cameron, Feb 9, 2004
  11. On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 22:50:14 +1300, "Peter S" <>
    wrote:

    >"Allistar" <> wrote in message
    >> Mutley wrote:

    >> > So does BNR2 and it's free as well.

    >> So is KNode.
    >>

    >Well, geez, at the risk of getting flamed by all you geeks using the most
    >obscure newsreaders available, Outlook Express allows multiple news servers
    >as well and is free.
    >
    >Pete.

    Outlook Express is not a real news reader.

    And does not support Yenc decoding.

    No Its utter Crap.

    Robin Wheeler, Feb 9, 2004
  12. Robin Wheeler

    AD. Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:30:59 +1300, Robin Wheeler wrote:

    > Outlook Express is not a real news reader.
    >

    > And does not support Yenc decoding.
    >
    > No Its utter Crap.

    It can't do Mt Rainier either!!!! utter CRAP

    And as for electronic viewfinders...

    AD., Feb 9, 2004
  13. Robin Wheeler

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <tJIVb.21909$>,
    says...
    > "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    > > Mutley wrote:

    > > > So does BNR2 and it's free as well.

    > > So is KNode.
    > >

    > Well, geez, at the risk of getting flamed by all you geeks using the most
    > obscure newsreaders available, Outlook Express allows multiple news servers
    > as well and is free.

    Outlook Express is the worst newsreader in the world

    Mainlander, Feb 9, 2004
  14. Robin Wheeler

    L33T Guest

    ahh, sweeping generalisations again. you're sure you're not related to
    witless woger??

    L33T, Feb 9, 2004
  15. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:04:11 +1300, Mainlander wrote:

    > Outlook Express is the worst newsreader in the world

    Outhouse Distress isn't a newsreader.

    It's an HTML renderer which does NNTP.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Feb 10, 2004
  16. Robin Wheeler

    Allistar Guest

    Peter S wrote:

    > "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    >> Mutley wrote:

    >> > So does BNR2 and it's free as well.

    >> So is KNode.
    >>

    > Well, geez, at the risk of getting flamed by all you geeks using the most
    > obscure newsreaders available, Outlook Express allows multiple news
    > servers as well and is free.
    >
    > Pete.

    The application may be free but the operating system it runs on is not, so
    in a sense you do pay for Outlook Express.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Feb 10, 2004
  17. Robin Wheeler

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <c0940m$4me$>,
    says...
    > ahh, sweeping generalisations again. you're sure you're not related to
    > witless woger??
    >
    > > Outlook Express is the worst newsreader in the world

    There are many clients available that are miles better than Outlook
    Express
    And yes I have used it. The first news program I used was MS Internet
    Mail & News v4.70 (IE 3)

    Mainlander, Feb 10, 2004
  18. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:59:07 +1300, Mainlander wrote:

    >> > Outlook Express is the worst newsreader in the world

    > There are many clients available that are miles better than Outlook
    > Express

    There are a couple that are worse too, but that doesn't mean people should
    use Outbreak Express.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Feb 10, 2004
  19. Robin Wheeler

    Steven H Guest

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 22:50:14 +1300, Peter S wrote:

    > "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    >> Mutley wrote:

    >>> So does BNR2 and it's free as well.

    >> So is KNode.
    >>

    > Well, geez, at the risk of getting flamed by all you geeks using the most
    > obscure newsreaders available, Outlook Express allows multiple news servers
    > as well and is free.
    >
    > Pete.

    lol - you certantly got flamed by the nerds of the group

    persnally i use 40tude Dialog - free, multi serv, looks nice (yes that is
    important) and does what i want

    Steven H .net Geek, Dunedin, New Zealand

    Steven H, Feb 11, 2004