Again: Using wireless and wired on the same PC

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by smlunatick, May 20, 2009.

  1. smlunatick

    smlunatick Guest

    This is another post of a question on how to get both wireless and
    wired adapters to work on one PC, both connecting to the "only"
    router.

    A few years ago, I had successfully got a "super G" 802.11G (108Mbps)
    wireless adapter to work at the same time as having a wired connection
    to the same router.

    Last year, I have tried, unsuccessfully, to replicate this "set up"
    when using 802.11n wireless network equipment. It never was stable
    until I decided to completely dump my Norton "security" software (due
    to "other" problems)

    I now am somewhat able to have both a wireless 11n adapter connecting
    at the same time as my wired connection. However, it seems that I
    need to have the adapter's configuration software "running" in order
    to do this.

    My question: how can I use my Windows XP Pro SP3 Wireless Zero
    Configuration system so as to have "any" wireless adapter be "active"
    at the same time as my wired connection?

    smlunatick, May 20, 2009