Again TrueImage problem...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rindler Sigurd, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Hi...

    I am still having problems after upgrading TrueImage to version 6 and
    getting rid of all possible viruses before that.
    I wanted to get the image of my C:> drive onto a new hard disk connected via
    USB. All partitions are NTFS formatted, if this matters.
    Here is what I did:
    (1) Start Trueimage
    (2) Create image
    (3) C:> on Disk 1 selected
    (3a) At some point I was asked to create these four floppy disks for Rescue
    Restore.
    Here I noticed something strange. After disk #4 was copied, there was a
    message, which flashed by very quickly. I got it with a camera, however:

    SB len=255, request_bufflen=512
    ix this -- future 2.5 kernels will not work if this is not fixed!

    I don't know what to do with this message...

    (4) Fixed hard disk selected
    (5) Drive on USB hard disk selected [I choose "back1.tib"]
    (6) Compression level
    (7) Automatic
    (8) Password
    (9) Comments
    (10) Creating partition image: Proceed
    SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED!

    After that I removed the USB hard disk and put in the computer.
    Then I inserted the Rescue Restore floppies one after each other, until the
    system was ready to go.
    (1) Restore
    (2) Partition or Drive Restore (Primary)
    (3) Restored Partition Location C:>
    (4) Restored Partition Type
    * "Active" is marked ("Primary" is not available)
    (5) Restored partition size
    (6) Next Selection
    * No, I don't.
    (7) Proceed
    SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED!

    Now, I am supposed to have the image of C:> on the new hard disk, no? After
    rebooting, I can see the initial Windows XP logo. Then the monitor goes dark
    for a couple of seconds, and another logo of Windows XP appears (instead of
    "Welcome") on the light-blue screen and freezes up.
    I experienced the same effect when using the previous version (TrueImage
    Deluxe).

    Any ideas whether I did something wrong?

    Rindler Sigurd, Aug 21, 2003