    code expires today when it uses that date. i have no idea.

    thanks,

    mike
    mike, Jun 26, 2006

  2. mike

    SgtMinor Guest

    mike wrote:
    > hey,
    >
    > anyone ever dealt with "123inkjets.com?
    >
    > this is not an advertisement for this company, i'm just trying to find
    > someone that has used their aftermarket ink and will offer an opinion of it.
    >
    > i have a canon pixma mp780 and while i like it a lot, i'd like to find a
    > reliable supplier of aftermarket ink for it so i could save some $.
    >
    > i found a 31% off coupon for them. it is valid through today. i was
    > thinking of stocking up.
    >
    > anyone know these guys? (the code is "2006june31"). dont' ask me why the
    > code expires today when it uses that date. i have no idea.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > mike

    I've owned a number of Canon printers and buy cartridges on eBay.
    You'll find several sellers with thousands of positive
    feedbacks. For everyday printing these cartridges are just fine.

    Cartridges for your Pixma should cost you about $1.50 - $2.00
    each, including shipping costs.
    SgtMinor, Jun 26, 2006

  3. On June 26 2006, "mike" <> wrote:
    > anyone ever dealt with "123inkjets.com?

    I've been using their ink in 2 Epson printers for over two years. Good
    prices, even w/o the coupons, reliable shipping (free).

    In two years, I think I have gotten one faulty cartridge.

    --
    Ed L. Pulliam
    OUISoft.com | SharewareOutlet.com | RealEstateShareware.com | ComputerStuffCheap.com
    Ed L. Pulliam, Jun 26, 2006
  4. SgtMinor wrote:
    > mike wrote:
    >> hey,
    >>
    >> anyone ever dealt with "123inkjets.com?
    >>
    >> this is not an advertisement for this company, i'm just trying to
    >> find someone that has used their aftermarket ink and will offer an
    >> opinion of it.
    >>
    >> i have a canon pixma mp780 and while i like it a lot, i'd like to
    >> find a reliable supplier of aftermarket ink for it so i could save
    >> some $.
    >>
    >> i found a 31% off coupon for them. it is valid through today. i was
    >> thinking of stocking up.
    >>
    >> anyone know these guys? (the code is "2006june31"). dont' ask me why
    >> the code expires today when it uses that date. i have no idea.
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> mike

    > I've owned a number of Canon printers and buy cartridges on eBay.
    > You'll find several sellers with thousands of positive feedbacks. For
    > everyday printing these cartridges are just fine.
    >
    > Cartridges for your Pixma should cost you about $1.50 - $2.00 each,
    > including shipping costs.

    Here's what I've read: 1. Sure they work. 2. But the colors aren't as
    stable as the more costly products' are, so don't use them for images
    you want to keep. I read that as "if you want that cute baby picture to
    show green skin in a few years, buy cheap."

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 26, 2006
  5. SgtMinor wrote:
    > mike wrote:
    >
    >> hey,
    >>
    >> anyone ever dealt with "123inkjets.com?
    >>
    >> this is not an advertisement for this company, i'm just trying to find
    >> someone that has used their aftermarket ink and will offer an opinion
    >> of it.
    >>
    >> i have a canon pixma mp780 and while i like it a lot, i'd like to find
    >> a reliable supplier of aftermarket ink for it so i could save some $.
    >>
    >> i found a 31% off coupon for them. it is valid through today. i was
    >> thinking of stocking up.
    >>
    >> anyone know these guys? (the code is "2006june31"). dont' ask me why
    >> the code expires today when it uses that date. i have no idea.
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> mike
    >>

    > I've owned a number of Canon printers and buy cartridges on eBay.
    > You'll find several sellers with thousands of positive feedbacks. For
    > everyday printing these cartridges are just fine.
    >
    > Cartridges for your Pixma should cost you about $1.50 - $2.00 each,
    > including shipping costs.

    Drifting off-topic just a bit, but I bought my wife a Canon Pixma
    printer. She was so happy with it, I bought my mom one too. Then my
    step-dad bought one for himself and the mother-in-law bought one too.
    Damn nice little printers, ink is from eBay and doing just fine.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 26, 2006
  6. mike

    SgtMinor Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > SgtMinor wrote:
    >
    >>mike wrote:
    >>
    >>>hey,
    >>>
    >>>anyone ever dealt with "123inkjets.com?
    >>>
    >>>this is not an advertisement for this company, i'm just trying to
    >>>find someone that has used their aftermarket ink and will offer an
    >>>opinion of it.
    >>>
    >>>i have a canon pixma mp780 and while i like it a lot, i'd like to
    >>>find a reliable supplier of aftermarket ink for it so i could save
    >>>some $.
    >>>
    >>>i found a 31% off coupon for them. it is valid through today. i was
    >>>thinking of stocking up.
    >>>
    >>>anyone know these guys? (the code is "2006june31"). dont' ask me why
    >>>the code expires today when it uses that date. i have no idea.
    >>>
    >>>thanks,
    >>>
    >>>mike

    >>I've owned a number of Canon printers and buy cartridges on eBay.
    >>You'll find several sellers with thousands of positive feedbacks. For
    >>everyday printing these cartridges are just fine.
    >>
    >>Cartridges for your Pixma should cost you about $1.50 - $2.00 each,
    >>including shipping costs.

    > Here's what I've read: 1. Sure they work. 2. But the colors aren't as
    > stable as the more costly products' are, so don't use them for images
    > you want to keep. I read that as "if you want that cute baby picture to
    > show green skin in a few years, buy cheap."

    That's probably right. I'm guessing that more than 90% of
    everything printed is kept for less than a year, and these cheap
    refills are fine for that.

    As far as archival images are concerned, that's a problem no
    matter what medium is used. I've got some "genuine Kodak" prints
    made by Kodak from Kodak negatives that - without being exposed to
    bright sunshine - have lost a great deal of color.

    Comments about color-fastness are mostly guesswork, though. If
    you want to predict the fade resistance of a particular
    combination of ink, paper, and printer you have to use some method
    to speed up what happens in the real world. I'm not aware of any
    reliable method to do that.

    And when the baby's picture turns green, print out a fresh copy.
    SgtMinor, Jun 26, 2006
  7. mike

    mike Guest

    hello again,

    i love this forum!

    so which ebay sellers provide good ink for the pixma mp780? there are
    several.

    thanks,

    mike

    mike, Jun 26, 2006
  8. SgtMinor wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> SgtMinor wrote:

    >>>I've owned a number of Canon printers and buy cartridges on eBay.
    >>>You'll find several sellers with thousands of positive feedbacks.
    >>>For everyday printing these cartridges are just fine.
    >>>
    >>>Cartridges for your Pixma should cost you about $1.50 - $2.00 each,
    >>>including shipping costs.

    >> Here's what I've read: 1. Sure they work. 2. But the colors aren't
    >> as stable as the more costly products' are, so don't use them for
    >> images you want to keep. I read that as "if you want that cute baby
    >> picture to show green skin in a few years, buy cheap."
    >>

    > That's probably right. I'm guessing that more than 90% of everything
    > printed is kept for less than a year, and these cheap refills are fine
    > for that.
    >
    > As far as archival images are concerned, that's a problem no matter
    > what medium is used. I've got some "genuine Kodak" prints made by
    > Kodak from Kodak negatives that - without being exposed to bright
    > sunshine - have lost a great deal of color.

    > Comments about color-fastness are mostly guesswork, though. If you
    > want to predict the fade resistance of a particular combination of
    > ink, paper, and printer you have to use some method to speed up what
    > happens in the real world. I'm not aware of any reliable method to do
    > that.
    >
    > And when the baby's picture turns green, print out a fresh copy.

    Well, sure. I hope in 40 years you'll still have something that will
    print a jpg -- or that you've converted that image across all the
    formats and media that have come and gone for those 40 years...

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 26, 2006
  9. mike

    SgtMinor Guest

    mike wrote:
    > hello again,
    >
    > i love this forum!
    >
    > so which ebay sellers provide good ink for the pixma mp780? there are
    > several.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > mike
    >

    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>SgtMinor wrote:

    >>>I've owned a number of Canon printers and buy cartridges on eBay. You'll
    >>>find several sellers with thousands of positive feedbacks. For everyday
    >>>printing these cartridges are just fine.
    >>>
    >>>Cartridges for your Pixma should cost you about $1.50 - $2.00 each,
    >>>including shipping costs.

    >>Drifting off-topic just a bit, but I bought my wife a Canon Pixma printer.
    >>She was so happy with it, I bought my mom one too. Then my step-dad bought
    >>one for himself and the mother-in-law bought one too. Damn nice little
    >>printers, ink is from eBay and doing just fine.

    It seems that 3 people out of a thousand were unhappy, but I've
    had good luck with Abacus 24-7. And, it seems, so did thousands
    of repeat customers.

    Feedback Score: 48319
    Positive Feedback: 99.7%
    Members who left a positive: 48449