    Hi all..I have a new Canon G5. Are the batteries and chargers listed on eBay
    good to use with this camera? I notice a huge difference between those
    listed and what can be brought as OEM.
    denton, Jan 23, 2004

  2. "denton" <> wrote in message
    news:burfmo$net$...
    > Hi all..I have a new Canon G5. Are the batteries and chargers listed on

    eBay
    > good to use with this camera? I notice a huge difference between those
    > listed and what can be brought as OEM.

    I don't buy on E-bay because I don't know the vendor. I buy batteries and
    chargers from www.thomasdistributing.com. The prices are good, dekivery is
    prompt, and I always get just what I order. If there was a problem, I'd
    know where to find the company. The phone number and mail address are on
    the site.
    Marvin Margoshes, Jan 23, 2004

  3. After market batteries and chargers are often better than the original
    equipment stuff. However ---- Not all of them are and e-Bay is full of
    some really questionable deals. I would not trust it for buying something I
    did know well.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jan 23, 2004
  4. denton

    Terry D Guest

    Joseph Meehan wrote:
    > After market batteries and chargers are often better than the
    > original equipment stuff. However ---- Not all of them are and
    > e-Bay is full of some really questionable deals. I would not trust
    > it for buying something I did know well.
    >

    > "denton" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all..I have a new Canon G5. Are the batteries and chargers listed
    >> on eBay good to use with this camera? I notice a huge difference
    >> between those listed and what can be brought as OEM.

    Forget eBay. Have a look at http://tinyurl.com/3yq9h BP511 at £14.99.

    Terry D.
    Terry D, Jan 23, 2004
  5. denton

    Rick Guest

    Hey Denton, Santa left a G5 under the Christmas tree last December along
    with 2 extra batteries and a charger from the link below, $12 per battery
    and $20 for the charger plus a (small) shipping fee.
    So far all is well with heavy usage.

    http://www.sterlingtek.com/

    Hopes this helps,
    Good luck