    both exams? I guess I'm just wondering how Microsoft is notified that you
    made the grade.

    Thanks!

    Ďǿň Ä´Å­Äň, May 11, 2009

  2. "Ďǿň Ä´Å­Äň" <D?n > wrote in message
    news:D...
    > Hi,
    >
    > So let's say I eventually take both exams. I split them apart by a month
    > or
    > something, but they are both completed. Now what? Does Microsoft
    > automatically recognize that I have passed both exams and award my
    > certification?

    Yes.

    > Do I have to apply for "graduation" after successfully passing
    > both exams?

    No.

    > I guess I'm just wondering how Microsoft is notified that you
    > made the grade.

    Once you complete the requirements for the credential, you'll have access to
    the MCP secured site, where you'll able to see your transcript, which lists
    all of the exams you've completed, and certifications you've been awarded.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], May 11, 2009

  3. Ďǿň Ä´Å­Äň

    John R Guest

    "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > "Ďǿň Ä´Å­Äň" <D?n > wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> So let's say I eventually take both exams. I split them apart by a month
    >> or
    >> something, but they are both completed. Now what? Does Microsoft
    >> automatically recognize that I have passed both exams and award my
    >> certification?

    > Yes.
    >
    >> Do I have to apply for "graduation" after successfully passing
    >> both exams?

    > No.
    >
    >> I guess I'm just wondering how Microsoft is notified that you
    >> made the grade.

    > Once you complete the requirements for the credential, you'll have access
    > to the MCP secured site, where you'll able to see your transcript, which
    > lists all of the exams you've completed, and certifications you've been
    > awarded.

    You will however have to request your Welcome Kit on that same MCP site if
    you want it. It will not automatically be sent to you. However, as
    Lawrence pointed out, your transcript will automatically be updated and you
    can claim the certification on resumes or job interviews or BS sessions with
    your buddies. You can also setup a transcript sharing code to allow others
    to view your transcript online for verification. Some employers require you
    to setup a sharing code so that they can not only verify that you actually
    earned the cert, but also that the cert is still valid and has not been
    revoked for any reason. Other employers are oblivious.

    John R

    John R, May 11, 2009
  4. Thanks guys!

    I take it you order your welcome kit once you access the MCP portal?

    Ďǿň Ä´Å­Äň, May 11, 2009
  5. It goes on your Microsoft transcript, and you gain whatever certifications
    you have earned. It is automatic. If you take the required exams, you will
    become an MCDST (after the 271 & 272 are finished). It can take about a week
    for them to be added to your transcript, though.

    --

    Dustin Harper
    http://www.mstechpages.com

    Dustin Harper, May 12, 2009
  6. Yes, there is a link to where you can order your welcome kit at the MCP
    portal.

    --

    Dustin Harper
    http://www.mstechpages.com

    Dustin Harper, May 12, 2009
  7. Thanks for the info!

    Do you at least know if you passed or not as son as the test finishes, or do
    you have to wait for the official score?

    Ďǿň Ä´Å­Äň, May 12, 2009
  8. Ďǿň Ä´Å­Äň

    John R Guest

    "D?n Juan" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the info!
    >
    > Do you at least know if you passed or not as son as the test finishes, or
    > do
    > you have to wait for the official score?

    After you finish the last questions, you will have the opportunity to review
    any items that you marked for review, or any other items. At some point,
    you will be given an opportunity to end the exam. You will be given the
    results of your exam (unless it is a beta, which 271 and 272 are not) about
    5 seconds after you finish the exam. A screen will appear that will tell
    you your score, if you passed, and a sectional score sheet will print out
    for you which shows your relative strengths in each objective section of the
    exam. At least, that is how Pearson Vue always has done it, I haven't taken
    any tests at Prometric yet but I assume it is very similar.

    John R

    John R, May 13, 2009
  9. Thanks! I like the idea of knowing the score as soon as you hit the go
    button. I signed up for Second Shot as well so hopefully if I don't make it
    the first time, the second time will work and it won't cost anything. I'm
    doing well in practice tests and I'm working in Desktop Support now, so I
    gave a good feeling about the whole thing. I'm not real confident but I feel
    good enough to try it out.

    Thanks again!

    Ďǿň Ä´Å­Äň, May 14, 2009