AFTER SWITCHING USERS IN XP, PC SLEEPS AND WON'T WAKE

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jdismyfriend@yahoo.com, Jun 29, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I have a pc that likes to sleep. Alot. Here's the situation that
    happens without fail:

    - Fresh power up.
    - Log on to "User A" account.
    - Switch to "User B"
    - Logoff "User B".
    - Click on "User A".

    Computer goes into sleep mode, power LED is steady green, HDD access
    LED is blinking occasionally, but screen goes blank, and no matter what
    is pressed, keyboard or on the case, it will not wake up.

    (this also happens when the screen saver is activated and the password
    protection is enabled. I disabled the screensaver password option, but
    still need to fix the problem =)

    I have used two different video cards with the same result. I'm now
    just using the on-board video.

    === Specifications ===

    O/S: Windows XP Professional SP2
    CPU: P4 2.53Ghz
    RAM: 512MB PC2700 (256x2 SuperTalent)
    MOBO: ASUS P4VP-MX
    VIDEO/SOUND/LAN: ON BOARD + AGP 4X SLOT

    I just want to say what an awesome newsgroup this is. I really
    appreciate all the advice everyone gives!
    , Jun 29, 2006

  2. MrPanda Guest

    UPHClean-Setup.msi did the job!

    Much appreciated,