    uninstalled the update and after the reboot the display was back to
    normal.anybody else have this issue. charle this is on my asus a8v
    deluxe did this happen to yours also?
    warpsix, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Checking now -- it didn't muck up my settings in Server, but there's less
    going ont there. I'm rebooting and loading in the XP side of one of the
    machines. (the other is busy being a Domain Controller this week, and a
    VMWare server for two other DCs. )

    Though it's important to point out that it didn't cause a problem on the
    Server 2k3 machine that was running as a Terminal Server in Application
    Server mode. It worked just fine there, and the display settings were as I'd
    expect. Video is ATI (9600xt with 256 Mb), and I haven't updated the ATI
    driver in a while.

    Coming down to that machine right now are the security update, .NET 2.0, and
    a couple of Office patches.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 10, 2005

  3. No issues at all. Everything looks as I'd expect.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 10, 2005
  4. warpsix

    warpsix Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > No issues at all. Everything looks as I'd expect.

    well thanks for looking into it
    I printed the display settings and reinstalled the update .still have
    the same issue, balloon tips had black background.and other small
    problems that i could not change back.I guess it would not hurt to do a
    driver update on the video (geforce 5700 256meg)thanks again for looking
    into it.
    warpsix, Nov 10, 2005
  5. No problems after the security update down here in South America.
    Newest drivers for your 5700 card are version 81.85.
    Here's the download link for the English only version
    http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/81.85_whql/64/81.85_forceware_winxp64_english_whql.exe
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 10, 2005
  6. What build are you running? Are you still by any chance running the CPP/Beta
    eval build?

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 12, 2005
  7. warpsix

    warpsix Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > What build are you running? Are you still by any chance running the CPP/Beta
    > eval build?

    It happend on my c: drive. that is my test drive (whatever works on c:
    will be installed to the sata d: drive )and c: is using the cpp
    it did NOT happen on the sata drive which is the bought version. i
    belive you said in one of your post something about "using it will cause
    you no end of grief" :( I hate it when your right thanks again
    warpsix, Nov 12, 2005
  8. Well, I'm sorry for your grief. But I did warn you. ;)

    This is useful information, however, because that makes two people who have
    had a problem wiht MS05-053 and both of them were running the CPP version.

    LISTEN UP, FOLKS! THE LICENSE FOR THE CPP VERSION IS OVER. STOP USING IT.

    I've also logged an issue with MS on this, because in my opinion they should
    not have offered the upgrade to a CPP machine, nor installed on it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 12, 2005