    have any security on the network but for some reason after installing SP2 it
    thinks it does. I tried puting security on it and taking it off but it
    doesn't matter. It is a Microsoft wireless Network.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZTJ0YQ==?=, Sep 26, 2005

  2. "Dave2ta" wrote:

    Hi

    I had the same problem - don't know if this will help but give it a try:

    My wireless adapter is internal (Centrino) and in my frustration of not
    being able to get my wireless to work I uninstalled the driver for the
    wireless modem. I couldn't figure out how to re-install it as I hadn't got
    the CD Rom drivers for the computer so, thninking I'd screwed up, I tried the
    classic turn it off and turn it on again. The computer automatically
    re-installed the dirver and now my wireless connection works fine.

    I don't know if it will work for you, but if you are feeling brave, give it
    a go!

    Hope this helps

    =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbG93?=, Sep 26, 2005

  3. RE: After installing SP2 I can no longet connect to wireless netwo

    Thanks for the reply. I did try to re-install the software but that didn't
    help. I turned off the firewall also. I have a Microsoft network and card. I
    have two other computers in the house and they work fine so I know the
    network itself is OK. I may have to get a new card but I just hate to do
    that...

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZTJ0YQ==?=, Sep 27, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZTJ0YQ==?=

    Quaoar Guest

    "Dave2ta" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the reply. I did try to re-install the software but that
    > didn't
    > help. I turned off the firewall also. I have a Microsoft network and
    > card. I
    > have two other computers in the house and they work fine so I know the
    > network itself is OK. I may have to get a new card but I just hate to
    > do
    > that...
    >
    > "willow" wrote:
    >

    >> "Dave2ta" wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I had the same problem - don't know if this will help but give it a
    >> try:
    >>
    >> My wireless adapter is internal (Centrino) and in my frustration of
    >> not
    >> being able to get my wireless to work I uninstalled the driver for
    >> the
    >> wireless modem. I couldn't figure out how to re-install it as I
    >> hadn't got
    >> the CD Rom drivers for the computer so, thninking I'd screwed up, I
    >> tried the
    >> classic turn it off and turn it on again. The computer automatically
    >> re-installed the dirver and now my wireless connection works fine.
    >>
    >> I don't know if it will work for you, but if you are feeling brave,
    >> give it
    >> a go!
    >>
    >> Hope this helps

    Open the TCP/IP properties of the wireless connection, Advanced button,
    Options tab, TCP/IP filtering button, check that the ports/protocols are
    "Permit All". If they are "Permit Only", it will kill the connection.

    Quaoar, Sep 29, 2005