    Thank you to anyone who may offer opinions/advice.

    sincerely,

    Tonya

    David Pick, Jul 11, 2004

  2. David Pick

    Michael C. Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:49:31 -0400,
    David Pick <> wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I recently had Mozilla Firefox set up as my default browser, after a virus
    > infiltration allowed my computer to become hijacked. The guys at the
    > computer center told me that Mozilla Firefox is safer.
    >
    > My question...Should I go back into "Control Panel" now and remove Internet
    > Explorer? I know it can be done...but I'm not certain how...so any advice
    > on that subject would be appreciated, also.
    >
    > Thank you to anyone who may offer opinions/advice.

    It isn't worth the effort to remove it. Just don't use it for web
    browsing.

    Michael C.
    --
    http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/

    Michael C., Jul 11, 2004

  3. David Pick

    Chaos Master Guest

    David Pick said:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I recently had Mozilla Firefox set up as my default browser, after a virus
    > infiltration allowed my computer to become hijacked. The guys at the
    > computer center told me that Mozilla Firefox is safer.
    >
    > My question...Should I go back into "Control Panel" now and remove Internet
    > Explorer? I know it can be done...but I'm not certain how...so any advice
    > on that subject would be appreciated, also.

    Don't remove it; just forget that it exists. When I tried to remove IE, sh*t
    always happened.

    []s
    --
    © Chaos Master. |"These wounds won't seem to heal
    Posting from Brazil. | This pain is just too real

    Chaos Master, Jul 11, 2004
  4. David Pick

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 7/11/2004 12:49 AM, David Pick wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > I recently had Mozilla Firefox set up as my default browser, after a virus
    > infiltration allowed my computer to become hijacked. The guys at the
    > computer center told me that Mozilla Firefox is safer.
    >
    > My question...Should I go back into "Control Panel" now and remove Internet
    > Explorer? I know it can be done...but I'm not certain how...so any advice
    > on that subject would be appreciated, also.
    >
    > Thank you to anyone who may offer opinions/advice.

    I would not recommend removing IE. There are certain applications
    and/or webpages that require you to use IE--like Windows Update.

    A program like SpywareBlaster will help stop spyware from being
    installed and running unsafe Active-X controls in IE.

    [http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html]

    You should also consider installing a virus scanner, and keeping it up
    to date.

    --
    Brian

    .BRIAN., Jul 11, 2004
  5. David Pick

    Bob Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:
    > On 7/11/2004 12:49 AM, David Pick wrote:
    >
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> I recently had Mozilla Firefox set up as my default browser, after a
    >> virus
    >> infiltration allowed my computer to become hijacked. The guys at the
    >> computer center told me that Mozilla Firefox is safer.
    >>
    >> My question...Should I go back into "Control Panel" now and remove
    >> Internet
    >> Explorer? I know it can be done...but I'm not certain how...so any
    >> advice
    >> on that subject would be appreciated, also.
    >>
    >> Thank you to anyone who may offer opinions/advice.
    >>

    > I would not recommend removing IE. There are certain applications
    > and/or webpages that require you to use IE--like Windows Update.
    >
    > A program like SpywareBlaster will help stop spyware from being
    > installed and running unsafe Active-X controls in IE.
    >
    > [http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html]
    >
    > You should also consider installing a virus scanner, and keeping it up
    > to date.

    And don't forget that even though you are no longer using IE doesn't
    mean that it no longer has to be patched when security updates come out.

    Bob, Jul 11, 2004