After installation i get a blank screen

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?c2xha2Vu?=, Aug 19, 2005.

  1. Group,

    I just installed, i believe Windows XP 64 on the configuaration below. The
    Windows XP logo starts and everything appears to be working, but then i
    receive a blank screen and my monitor says "NOT OPTIMUM MODE 1280X1024. Any
    ideas on what to do next?

    Thanks

    AMD, Qty 2 x Opteronâ„¢ 248 2.2 GHz, HT 800MHz, 1MB L2 cache, socket 940, Retail

    TYAN, Thunder K8S Pro Dual Opteron Socket 940, DDR400, SATA RAID, Video,
    Dual Gb LAN, Retail

    DDR-400, Qty 4 x 1024Mb PC3200 DDR-400, ECC, Registered (4GB Total)

    MAXTOR, 250.0 GB, 7200-RPM, Serial ATA, 8MB Cache

    MAXTOR, 250.0 GB, 7200-RPM, Serial ATA, 8MB Cache

    TYAN, Silicon Image Sil3114 SATA RAID Controller (Integrated)

    VIDEO, Integrated ATI RAGE XL SVGA PCI video controller

    CREATIVE LABS, Sound Blaster Live 24-Bit, Single

    MITSUMI, 1.44Mb 3.5 Black Floppy Drive

    NONE, No Tape Drive (choose one)

    SONY, Black 52x32x52-16A DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo Drive

    BROADCOM, BCM5704C, 10/100/1000 Network Card (Integrated

    + SAMSUNG, 912N, Black 19" TFT LCD .29mm 1280 x 1024 @ 75Hz Flat Panel
    Monitor (Special!)

    =?Utf-8?B?c2xha2Vu?=, Aug 19, 2005

  2. From slaken,

    Here is some more information. When i press F8 i can open up Win XP in VGA
    mode and everything looks fine (except that it is large text). When i change
    the screen resolution to HIGH the screen goes blank.

    =?Utf-8?B?c2xha2Vu?=, Aug 19, 2005

  3. use F8 to get into basic VGA mode, then install the 64-bit video drivers for
    your video card.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 19, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c2xha2Vu?=

    zekolas Guest

    slaken wrote:
    > Group,
    >
    > I just installed, i believe Windows XP 64 on the configuaration below. The
    > Windows XP logo starts and everything appears to be working, but then i
    > receive a blank screen and my monitor says "NOT OPTIMUM MODE 1280X1024. Any
    > ideas on what to do next

    It seeems like windows installed the wrong, or a bad driver for your
    video card. So try to uninstall the current driver and then install the
    latest driver from the manufactures site.

    While the computer is booting press F8 a few times and choose safe mode.
    From there go to the system icon in the controll manager then go to the
    hardware tab and choose device manager. Find your video card and choose
    the "unistall" option and reboot.

    Now with the standard vga driver you should be able to boot windows
    normally(with horrable resulution and color) and then go to the internet
    and download the latest windows 64 bit driver for your video card.

    zekolas, Aug 20, 2005